Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oat Willie Imitation  (Read 1008 times)

Bruce Cox

• flickr
Oat Willie Imitation
« on: August 15, 2012, 11:20:03 am »

I may have been rash in cropping her head.

Bruce

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Oat Willie Imitation
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 01:02:47 pm »

Bruce, I really like it, but it's a 1.8 megabyte post. You might think about reducing your pics to around 500K; it makes downloading easier and doesn't degrade the results. Is that really glass or is it post-processing?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

RobbieV

• My work.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 02:30:11 pm »

The picture frame on the left fights really hard for my attention.

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 02:51:14 pm »

Bruce, I really like it, but it's a 1.8 megabyte post. You might think about reducing your pics to around 500K; it makes downloading easier and doesn't degrade the results. Is that really glass or is it post-processing?

It's paper and post-processing.  A little after I took the picture, about thirty years ago, I traced a cropped version of the slide onto watercolor paper and colored it with gauche and pencils.  This summer I scanned them and stacked them and processed them some.  The 500K was harder for me to tell from the 2MG than I thought it would be.  The grain in the slide is more visible in the 2MG though, and here it relates to the magnified pencil on the ruff paper.  Also, I guess so that people can tell me they like it better, here is a partially processed scan of the slide.

Bruce
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:56:49 pm by Bruce Cox »

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 03:05:17 pm »

The picture frame on the left fights really hard for my attention.

Yes, it may be hard for me to judge because it is now so much less trouble than when you could see the Picasso.  Also, my excuses are that the image is about framing among other things and I wanted to center the sculpture.

Bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up