Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using a Hasselblad V back on a Mamiya AFD?  (Read 1041 times)

peteforde

Using a Hasselblad V back on a Mamiya AFD?
« on: August 13, 2012, 02:00:03 pm »

Is there such a thing as an adapter that would allow me to take a Hasselblad V digital back such as the H20, 96c or CFV and use it with a Mamiya AFD body?

I'm trying to help a Mamiya shooter that is interested in purchasing a digital back from me see what his options are. Forgive me, I'm less familiar with the later Mamiya systems so if I'm missing something obvious...

Pete

mediumcool

Re: Using a Hasselblad V back on a Mamiya AFD?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:34:40 am »

If the back has a fixed Hasselblad V adapter, then no. Some backs (Jenoptik, Sinar) have interchangeable “fronts” that permit changing to another camera brand.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

ondebanks

Re: Using a Hasselblad V back on a Mamiya AFD?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:43:10 am »

Is there such a thing as an adapter that would allow me to take a Hasselblad V digital back such as the H20, 96c or CFV and use it with a Mamiya AFD body?

I'm trying to help a Mamiya shooter that is interested in purchasing a digital back from me see what his options are. Forgive me, I'm less familiar with the later Mamiya systems so if I'm missing something obvious...

Pete

In terms of interchangeable back mounts: H20 - no, 96c - yes, CFV - no [but CF - yes].

Sinar and Imacon [which became Hasselblad CF/CFV] are the brands with a system of interchangeable mount adapters.

The Imacon/Hasselblad ones for their iXpress & CF backs are sold as "i-Adapters", still available from places like Pro Centre in the UK.

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up