Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red bottle  (Read 725 times)

armand

• Photos
Red bottle
« on: August 12, 2012, 12:41:07 pm »

shot yesterday

shutterpup

Re: Red bottle
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:23:03 pm »

This looks like one of those "I gotta put just a spot of color into an otherwise-bland black and white." I don't like the technique and I don't care for this picture.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 12:51:51 pm »

This looks like one of those "I gotta put just a spot of color into an otherwise-bland black and white." I don't like the technique and I don't care for this picture.

Not to mention you could be taken to court for copyright infringement  :P ;D

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 05:55:26 pm »

Oops, somebody doesn't like this at all :-[. Technically I didn't put a spot of color, I just desaturated all the channels except the red one. I attached 2 pictures with no significant change. I liked the interplay between the black and white, with the black being dominant and menacing but the white having the red spot to help it hold on. And I cropped and changed the angle (through framing) to make it more dynamic. Obviously this experiment didn't resonate too well with some.

Not to mention you could be taken to court for copyright infringement
I didn't have any knowledge of prior similar photos although I'm sure there are plenty like it. I think I stumbled on that article some time ago and the imitator had some financial interest into it and prior knowledge of the photo? I have none, and it's too small for somebody to profit from it either so I would like to think I'm safe for now. Plus if you read the other opinions it kinda of sucks anyway  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up