Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harmony  (Read 961 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Harmony
« on: August 10, 2012, 11:39:28 am »

I am having a debate with myself as to whether this shows better in the above more abstract composition, or nearly full frame (below) as it came from the camera. More and more I am trying to get the final image directly from the camera with minimal editing.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:45:25 am by chrisc »
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

francois

Re: Harmony
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 06:56:51 am »

FWIW, I prefer the first image. As you wrote, it's more abstract… It lets me imagine what's beyond or outside the frame of the image. The second version (uncropped?), while very nice, leaves nothing to my imagination.
Francois

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 07:29:39 am »

I like the big background of #2, and the shapes are sufficiently distorted, partial, and varied to get my attention.

degrub

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 11:21:37 am »

Since the title was "harmony", i looked for a relationship in the image. i like the one formed by the tan carp and the minnows above. i cropped in to just the tan carp. Otherwise, to me,  the minnows seemed to distract from your intent.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 11:42:58 am »

My intent with the titel was Harmony in Nature. However, I think (especially in the full frame image) the harmony is manifested in the flow of the swirls, the movement of the larger Koi, the continuation of roundness in the water lily and all offset by this natural meandering of the minnows.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

shutterpup

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 11:50:55 am »

What I find most interesting is the water pattern on the left side of the second photo. Now that is a great abstract. The others are ok.

graeme

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 01:48:24 pm »

Loveley image - I prefer the crop.

Graeme
Pages: [1]   Go Up