Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CS5 - certain shortcuts stopped working  (Read 5096 times)

The View

Photoshop CS5 - certain shortcuts stopped working
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:39:01 am »

I can no longer adjust the brush size by keyboard command, I cannot zoom into the picture, I can no longer zoom out.

When I press the right angular bracket, the brush size does not change, but the selected point in curves changes. I check the keyboard shortcuts, but right angular bracket is defined as "increase brush size".

I checked the web and found half a dozen threads on the Adobe forums about the Photoshop keyboard bug regarding versions CS4, CS5, and CS6.

The bug suddenly appeared after having used version CS5 for almost a year. I cannot say what caused it, it was suddenly there, then went away, and now is back.

First time it only affected the brush size, now it also affects the zoom.

From what I read on the threads at Adobe forums, trashing the prefs file does not help.

Has anybody had this bug as well, and could you get rid of it?
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

The View

Re: Photoshop CS5 - certain shortcuts stopped working
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:56:40 am »

I noticed that I had my shortcuts back when I closed down Microsoft Office, an older version running through Rosetta.

Which astonishes me, as I had it running in the background numerous times without any impact on Photoshop.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:06:12 am »

The first thing that I would check is to make sure your keyboard language setting is correct on your computer.  Keyboards in different regions of the world have different characters/letters in  different places.  I had to reconfigure some of the default shortcuts on my English version of CS5 because I use a German keyboard.   I do not know what operating system you are on, but if you need info on how to check this, google can help.  Good luck

darlingm

• Westland Printworks
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:40:29 am »

I'm a Windows guy, but it looks like Rosetta works with some keyboard shortcuts.  Perhaps it doesn't play nice with others.  If that seems to be the issue, I'd recommend looking into a newer version of Office or switching to OpenOffice which is free and fairly similar, if you don't need Rosetta running for other stuff.
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761

The View

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 01:39:31 pm »

I can't really say what it was. Closing Microsoft Word stopped the bug. Why did it happen now, and not six months ago? Maybe it has to do with the recent Photoshop security update? I don't know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up