Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Print Plug-in and CS6?  (Read 3959 times)

Mike Raub

Canon Print Plug-in and CS6?
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:15:42 pm »

Will the current Canon iPF 6300 printing plug-in for Photoshop work in CS6? If so, where do I put the plug-in in CS6's file structure? There doesn't appear to be an import-export folder for plug-ins in CS6 like there was in CS5.

Thanks,

MIKE

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Re: Canon Print Plug-in and CS6?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 01:03:06 am »

Yes it works just fine in CS6. See this thread on the Wiki.

I recommend re-installing the plug in in CS6. Its not a good idea to drag it from the CS5 plug in folder.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Mike Raub

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:16:16 am »

Thanks. I ran the installer again after installing CS6 and it did not give me the option of installing the plug-in in CS6, only in CS5, which was still on the computer. I'm using OS X 10.8.

Light Seeker

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »

I ran into the same issue yesterday. I created a CS6 Import-Export folder, ran the installer, selected CS4 and then specified the CS6 Import-Export folder as the install point. I can now load the Print Plug-in from CS6, although I have yet to make a print. That will happen later tonight.

Terry.

GMB

• Georg M. Berrisch Fine Art & Travel Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 04:40:44 pm »

I tried this but the installer did not allow me to specify where to install. 

tharrington

• Light Poet Studios
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 07:31:54 pm »

In the thread that Josh referenced, just to clarify, the path that ended up working for me (for whatever reason) was: applications>Photoshop CS6>Photoshop CS6.app>Contents> Required>Plug-Ins>Import-Export.  I think I actually ended up just dragging it in there- granted, this is probably not the best practice, but thankfully I have not had any issues.  Tripp

ps- running 10.8.x

Jgburton1

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 05:50:37 pm »

I am on a mac running 10.7.5 and under CS6 I have no Photoshop cs.app nor any of the rest of that string. I have 3 machines and they are all the same. Where are you locating this string? I loaded the Canon plugin in CS5 and drug it into Cs6 and it now shows up under export as it should. Haven't tried a print yet though.
Jim Burton

tharrington

• Light Poet Studios
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 10:03:34 am »

Good morning Jim- you're probably all set then and can ignore my post.  The plugin never showed up for me when I installed it in the typical directory.  The Adobe "helpline" suggested I take a slightly different approach... to my surprise, it worked when I went directly into the contents of the application ("show package contents").  Hope you're happily printing now.  Tripp
Pages: [1]   Go Up