Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: *REDUCED* Profoto Pro-6 2400 FREEZE pack with one head  (Read 4885 times)

dkressler

FS: *REDUCED* Profoto Pro-6 2400 FREEZE pack with one head
« on: August 06, 2012, 05:26:45 pm »

**price reduced to $1600 - reasonable offers will be considered. I can possibly arrange to deliver within NY, PA, DE, MD, VA, NJ, or CT as I have some travel work coming up. thanks**

I'm selling my Profoto Pro-6 2400FREEZE pack with one head. This is great for still life, fashion, sports, portraits, or anything that you would want lots of power and short flash durations - hence the FREEZE name. I purchased it several years ago through B&H as a display unit, i tested it and had Profoto calibrate it until it was perfect. At the time I was shooting still life with it about once or twice a month. Now I'm only shooting LF film of landscape, so I really need to let it go even though I could come up with a million reasons to keep it. I baby my gear, and this pack looks pretty new. Even though I haven't used it for jobs in a while I have run it about once a month to keep the capacitors in shape. This is a work horse pack and is generally for studio use, as it isn't as light as the acute line. I believe that Pro-7 heads will work with it but the pro-head it comes with wouldn't work on a Pro-7 pack. New Pro-7's sell for around $8,000 and up. I'm selling this one for $1700 with one head, reflector, cap, power and sync cords. as pictured.  thanks.
David
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:53:27 pm by dkressler »

Jozef Zajaz

Re: FS: Profoto Pro-6 2400 FREEZE pack with one head - NYC area only
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 05:44:28 pm »

pro 6 heads works on pro 7 packs. I use em in my studio all the time. But don't max them out though as the cable and fuse isn't as powerful as the new pro heads. Profoto service guys can modify this though.

dkressler

Re: FS: Profoto Pro-6 2400 FREEZE pack with one head - NYC area only
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 03:51:28 pm »

some people have asked for details and a comparison to an acute 2400. here is the rundown:

acute is smaller and lighter - 13 vs. 26lbs, but slower recycle and longer flash durations - means less ability to freeze movement. Acute at full power is like shooting at 1/320s vs 1/1000s with pro-6. Acute takes almost twice as long to recycle at full power. some people tend to think of acute series as "economy" vs "professional". use them both and you decide.

acute 2 2400 - flash duration 1/320ā€“1/1800 sec. - recycle 0.17ā€“2.9 sec. (117V)
pro-6 2400 freeze - 1/1000-1/5300 sec. recycle .15 -1.55 sec (117V)

the pro-6 has two sync sockets so you could connect a meter and camera or wireless receiver at the same time. the pro-6 has regular, fast, and turbo, so if you are on a 15amp breaker, you can slow the recycle down to keep from blowing the breaker. i think the acute has only fast or slow - so, only two settings.

the pro-6 has a auto bracket mode that will vary the output by 1/3, 1/2, or 2/3 - Three exposures - Norm, plus and minus. mostly only useful for film. Also, the color temp can be varied using the Master Variator - each 1/6 increment reduces the temp 50Kelvin - with a total down-scale of approx 400K. also probably more useful for film than digital, unless used to balance it with another pack.

dkressler

FS: Profoto Pro-6 2400 FREEZE pack with one head
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:14:12 am »

price reduced to $1600 - reasonable offers will be considered. I can possibly arrange to deliver within NY, PA, DE, MD, VA, NJ, or CT as I have some travel work coming up. thanks
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:39:36 am by dkressler »

Peter L.

Re: FS: *REDUCED* Profoto Pro-6 2400 FREEZE pack with one head
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 11:59:28 am »

Hi Do you still have this pack and head available?

PM me if you do or if you know anyone who has
something similar for sale.

bhop

Re: FS: *REDUCED* Profoto Pro-6 2400 FREEZE pack with one head
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 02:19:11 pm »

Hi, Iā€™m interested in this pack and head if still available. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up