Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hahnemuhle german etching 310gsm + epson 9900 = ink dots  (Read 1723 times)

Elitestudiosweden

hahnemuhle german etching 310gsm + epson 9900 = ink dots
« on: August 06, 2012, 04:10:16 pm »

Hi!
i tried my first print with hahnemuhle German Etching on my Epson Stylus Pro 9900 + spectroproofer printed with mirage RIP.

All the colors looked really nice - but after 60% of the print i got 10-15 small dark magenta looking ink splashes on the paper in the photo (and one after the photo was done on the white stripe before it cuts)

The photo was printed in 70x100 cm on a 44" roll, i had downloaded the icc.package from hahnemuhles homepage specifically made for mirage RIP and used it with that, i turned the printer to matt black and put in "velvet fine art" paper in the machine when loaded the paper.

What is wrong - so far i asked three different people (two photographers and one service technician) and got three different answers;
- fibers could be touching the printer head
- it uses to much ink so lower to "total ink limit" (where can i do that?)
- longer the drying time for the paper (how do i do that and how much is a good drying time)

If you have some experience with what this can be i would love some help!

I have no rush with getting the prints done - the paper is so expensive so i rather wait a bit longer to get it all right!

Big thanks in advance!

fetish

Re: hahnemuhle german etching 310gsm + epson 9900 = ink dots
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:25:32 pm »

I had the same problem with the 11880 4 years ago no matter which paper I used.
Had tiny blotches of cyan and meganta all over the place.
apparently (in my case) it's a hardware issue according to epson's techs, so the regional fellas came and replaced my entire head cleaning cum caps mechanism. after which the problem went away and never came back.

Elitestudiosweden

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 04:27:54 pm »

ok, this just started with my first use with german etching (and first time with fine art paper - when i done canvas prints or with 245gsm satin paper i never had this problem

fetish

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 05:16:59 pm »

have you tried using wide platen gap and cleaning the print head?
Pages: [1]   Go Up