Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael on the industry. "Industry Insights..."  (Read 761 times)

JimB

Michael on the industry. "Industry Insights..."
« on: August 05, 2012, 09:46:15 am »

I use a RSS reader to keep track of a few people on the planet that move, touch, inform, and inspire me.  I typically start each day by looking at Google Reader to open my eyes.  Thanks Michael for Luminous Landscape and your perspective. And, for passing on the perspectives of some of your friends.  LL is one of the top sites I look at. 

"Why?" you might ask.  I am not a professional photographer, or even a particularly gifted amateur.  But I find something many days that is valuable to me. Looking at the industry as the interplay of various corporate personalities, is a concept that is useful to me in my day job and how I try to understand agendas that I do not agree with.

I love a quote by the famous dancer and choreographer Martha Graham, “There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action. And because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.”  It speaks to the art of seeing present in the great photographers that grace LL, and in the essays by Michael and others. 

Thanks Michael.  Some of your images hang on my walls, products I use I first found at LL, techniques I use are because of you and Jeff Schewe, and some of the ways I view the world are influenced because you put the energy into Luminous Landscape.  I happen to agree with most of your conclusions and characterizations in this article. But mainly, I wanted to say thanks. You make me think, smile, and look at the world in a slightly different way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up