Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Film Camera Must or Worth to Keep Besides MFDB or digital FF, if any  (Read 7534 times)

Ligament

Re: Film Camera Must or Worth to Keep Besides MFDB or digital FF, if any
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 10:34:57 pm »

Must keep my Mamiya 7II system. Perfection of the film rangefinder? Lenses some of the best ever made. Medium format. Shutter amazing. New films are amazing, particularly from Kodak.

I had a Fujifilm GF670 which was GREAT, but other than shooting square format could not justify it plus the Mamiya 7II.

I have a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II system, and really like it but considering selling since my D800e arrived. Not sure.

JeanMichel

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »

Hi,
I sold my Hasselblad equipment to someone who gets to use it regularly -- I know because I lent him the equipment for the last couple of years and his tasking and printing skills have improved considerably over that time. So a good home for 'obsolete' equipment, where 'obsolete' is define as 'it works, every time'.
I am keeping my film Leicas (M3, M4 and M6). I am using my Leica lenses with my M9.
I am also keeping a Speed Graphic, just because.
And a Yashica J-35, 'cause it is the first real camera I owned as a teenager.
And all my darkroom stuff is stored, just in case...
I wonder how long I will hold on to my digital equipment, or how long it will work (5D2, GH2, M9, MacPro, LR4, PS.....)
Jean-Michel

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »

Hi,

I essentially used to keep my stuff. I have a Pentax 67 with five lenses , but it has seen no real use in the recent couple of years. I did some comparison shooting, but digital came up on top each time.

Regarding Digital I now have my Sony Alpha 900 three and a half years and I guess it will be around a long time. The lesser cameras went to my parents, so they are put to good use.

Best regards
Erik

Is there any film camera you still must keep or worth to keep, even with your MFDB or full frame digitals?
Name the top one, if any.
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up