Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: From past to future...  (Read 8077 times)

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
Re: From past to future...
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 03:12:21 am »

Hi Michael,

very good to hear and read from you !!!

I found your comments and cirtitcs "on the industry" very wise and I fully  agree with you, but you know, telling the truth requires to have a very fast horse !

Best wishes and get well soon !!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 12:19:45 pm »

Hi Michael,

Great to hear you are recuperating, and that the dragons kept your mind occupied for a little...

I thoroughly enjoyed your article on 'the industry', but feel, perhaps that you missed on substantial player - Pentax.
They were in the running early on (2003 with the *ist D) and the recent 645D has been a big step.
And then last year, the purchasing by Ricoh?

I'd personally love to hear your thoughts in a similiar vein as you gave to the other manufacturers.

I trust the recovery continues to move ahead well!

Regards
Andrew

Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

michael

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 02:05:09 pm »

I had to draw the line somewhere.

Pentax, Hasselblad, Leica, Samsung, Phase One and a number of others are worthy of comment. Maybe as a followup.

Michael

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 02:34:19 pm »

Thanks Michael...
Yes, a line must be drawn - totally understand.

Cheers
Andrew
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 02:37:19 pm »

Michael,

Nice to see you from time to time, I wish you well. I guess we all do wish you well.

Erik

I had to draw the line somewhere.

Pentax, Hasselblad, Leica, Samsung, Phase One and a number of others are worthy of comment. Maybe as a followup.

Michael
Erik Kaffehr

michael

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 06:57:58 pm »

Hi Erik,

I'm around. Just husbanding my resources.

Started to drive again the other day. Felt like I'd been liberated.

Michael

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 01:03:39 am »

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing! Nice to hear that you can drive again! Get well, please, the reviews can wait!

Best regards
Erik

Hi Erik,

I'm around. Just husbanding my resources.

Started to drive again the other day. Felt like I'd been liberated.

Michael
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:15:48 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 05:01:04 pm »

Greetings Michael,  If one might say, there is a cadence and breath in your words that when combined with the images you chose to share, transported me to an almost trance-like place, where during a nine+ hour surgery to remove a tumor from my head I experienced a flickering sense of being spoken to as in a dream, a place I immediately recognized in your first three paragraphs with the six chosen images images from your past (each with it's own intensities).

Thank you for this memory as it reminds one of the need to move back or down through layers to reach the essences, always there in the peripheries, a skill our bodies and minds have capabilities for but which one fails to access caught up in the onslaught of "moments". Those words and images are a pleasurable reminder. It is as if you gave us two posts, one with "layers hidden".

But I digress, and what else is new? The points you raise in the company of those recent by JS in reply #27 in "Michael's DNG" thread serve as an excellent overview of what could be right with the industry if clearing smoke and mirrors the end users could galvanize their potential power to bring some of these to fruition...we move at such blazing speed...

However, most importantly in this note, uplifting to have you on the mend. I well remember my first "leg up" onto horseback again during my recovery and imagine the foot to the metal must have been the same renewal and empowerment of spirit for you. Continued healing and intensity. p.
A common woman~
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up