Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLD: Manfrotto geared head Arca-Swiss compatible  (Read 2319 times)

aboudd

• Aboud Dweck - A Body of Work
SOLD: Manfrotto geared head Arca-Swiss compatible
« on: August 02, 2012, 11:26:19 am »

I bought this Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared head and modified it with a Hejnar quick release plate which is compatible to Arca-Swiss plates as well as those made by Kirk and RRS. This head has the advantage of geared movements and a release from the gears for quick positioning. Rock solid and adjustments fine enough for everything from landscape to architecture. The Hejnar plate and clamp replaces the original Manfrotto rig and is permanently attached to the head. It offers the advantage of an additional spirit level as well. This is a low priced alternative to the Arca-Swiss D4 geared head ($1,162) and has similar movements with the addition of geared panning which the D4 head does not have.

Price: $265 net

Inquire direct to dweckphoto@gmail.com
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:25:38 am by aboudd »
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer in your pants.
www.dweckgallery.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Manfrotto geared head Arca-Swiss compatible
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 11:44:45 am »

Hi,

Thanks for sharing.

I'm having the Arca Swiss D4, and love it, but I can see that the Manfrotto means serious savings.

I wish Hejnar good luck, although I may feel that some of the product are knock offs from RRS stuff.

Best regards
Erik

I bought this Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared head and modified it with a Hejnar quick release plate which is compatible to Arca-Swiss plates as well as those made by Kirk and RRS. This head has the advantage of geared movements and a release from the gears for quick positioning. Rock solid and adjustments fine enough for everything from landscape to architecture. The Hejnar plate and clamp replaces the original Manfrotto rig and is permanently attached to the head. It offers the advantage of an additional spirit level as well. This is a low priced alternative to the Arca-Swiss D4 geared head ($1,162) and has similar movements with the addition of geared panning which the D4 head does not have.

Price: $295 including paypal and shipping (CONUS)

Inquire direct to dweckphoto@gmail.com
Erik Kaffehr

aboudd

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:28:31 pm »

I just got the Arca-Swiss D4 myself. It is a fine piece of gear with a smaller profile than the Manfrotto, which is one of the main reasons I bought it, but it is three times the price of this rig.  The geared pan on the Manfrotto is a nice touch as well.

Hejnar isn't copying RRS anymore than RRS is copying Kirk. I talked to Hejnar when I ordered this piece (I profiled him on a blog I used to publish) and he is an interesting, hard working guy making good gear at reasonable prices here in the USA. I commend him on his efforts.
www.dweckgallery.com

NancyP

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 08:34:21 pm »

Chris Hejnar does do some custom design as well, I understand. He is the only manufacturer of the 410/405 Arca-Swiss adapter, which certainly has been a great improvement over the original Manfrotto clamp. I like his rails and other accessories.

aboudd

SOLD: Manfrotto geared head Arca-Swiss compatible
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 07:25:17 am »

SOLD, thanks Phil.
www.dweckgallery.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up