Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheaper alternative than OEM HB 7.2v battery charger  (Read 2573 times)

DanielStone

Cheaper alternative than OEM HB 7.2v battery charger
« on: July 31, 2012, 10:36:53 pm »

Just testing the waters to see if anyone has found a charger for their 7.2v H2/3/4 battery grips?

I'm staring wide-eyed at B&H's website in awe, ~$190 for a charger? I mean, c'mon guys...

Anyone been successful with a home-brew (or off the shelf) alternative option that's cheaper?

I have (4) batteries, but only 1 charger... I'd like to have at least a 2nd one, but $190???

Ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dan

jonathan.lipkin

Re: Cheaper alternative than OEM HB 7.2v battery charger
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 10:53:40 pm »

Too expensive, I agree, for about $5 worth of electronics. But I've always been worried about frying a $250 battery by using an off-brand or home-made charger.

FredBGG

Re: Cheaper alternative than OEM HB 7.2v battery charger
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 12:45:28 am »

Just testing the waters to see if anyone has found a charger for their 7.2v H2/3/4 battery grips?

I'm staring wide-eyed at B&H's website in awe, ~$190 for a charger? I mean, c'mon guys...

Anyone been successful with a home-brew (or off the shelf) alternative option that's cheaper?

I have (4) batteries, but only 1 charger... I'd like to have at least a 2nd one, but $190???

Ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dan

On the bottom of the charger there should be a lable with a bunch of certification logos etc.
On there you can also find the polarity of the connector, voltage and out put rating.

Then all you need to do is find a charger for a sony, canon, hp or samsung device with the same specs.

I bet the Hasselblad charger is made by some  company in china..... it may actually be on the label.

Look for voltage and amp rating. Then look for the connector type and polarity. To get certification  this info should be on the label.

For example the CH-910 by Canon is a great double charger and external battery pack for the Phase One P series backs.
Also way better than the junk that comes with the camera.

The Canon charger is rated at 7.2. It's a pretty common rating.

Never damaged any batteries.

Pages: [1]   Go Up