Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transparent media  (Read 944 times)

JeanMichel

Transparent media
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:51:04 pm »

Hi,
I will be producing a collaborative work with a poet, which will require printing on a transparent media. I see that there are rolls of backlight material available, but those are of course opaque. I will be printing on a (yet to be acquired Epson 7890 or 7900). Any suggestion as to the transparent material, or even if it is available for printing this way.
Thank you,
Jean-Michel

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Re: Transparent media
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:55:17 pm »

Pictorico OHP is a very common transparent inkjet medium. It's used a lot for digital negative work.

It really depends on what exactly you are trying to do, as it may not be the best choice. If you provide some more details on how the end product will be used (how are you mounting it, e.g.) there may be other options.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Randy Carone

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 08:48:26 am »

Sihl has several clear inkjet receptive media for a variety of applications. The 3148, Absolute Clear film is a 4 mil film engineered for high ink load. Another option is 3162, Vision Clear film, a 4 mil film for lower ink load. They also offer a clear 2 mil product, ClearSTICK Gloss, which has an optically clear, repositionalbe adhesive for use in indoor applications. Give us a call and we can provide additional information.

Randy Carone
Shades of Paper
Randy Carone

JeanMichel

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 09:31:31 am »

Thank you Randy and Neil. Much appreciated information. After posting my request i checked the Epson Canada site and saw that they also have transparent media; they martket it under the "Signage" rubric.
Thanks again,
Jean-Michel
Pages: [1]   Go Up