Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Animals  (Read 695 times)

Mcthecat

• mickwatsonphotography
Animals
« on: July 28, 2012, 07:54:13 pm »

What do you guys think? The only photoshop is a levels check and a small dodge like in the dark room. Im trying to stay true to the no adjustments to wildlife pics.

Mick

Tony Jay

Re: Animals
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 08:35:56 pm »

All of these are good shots.
The (?)mountain lion and the rockpool stands out for me. A tighter crop would really improve this image result out of sight.
The thin rim of sky and foliage is just a distraction in this context. Just having the slightly blurred rock wall as the background would be ideal.

BTW doing this kind of photography is particularly addictive - I hope you have the time to indulge yourself.

Regards

Tony Jay

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 02:56:14 am »

Some good work; thanks for sharing them!  Glad that grizz wasn't roaring at you...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:05:25 am »

I think the biggest opportunity for improvement differs from Tony's suggestion (sorry Tony!). I would like to see more context around the animal and see it as part of its environment, and part of an engaging picture. The cougar image is closest to this. These images are more documentary.
I do not mean to diminish your achievements. Relative to the difficulty of even seeing these creatures, these are really good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up