Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing Problem - Espon 3880 - LR4.1 - Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion  (Read 2788 times)

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald

It doesn''t matter whether I click on "Print One" or "Print..." - the progress bar shows up in the top left of LR (as usual) but only for about 5 to 7 seconds, then it disappears without any "progress" showing. There are no jobs in the Print Queue and the printer is not paused.

I then checked the Epson site and installed the latest drivers for 10.8 (driver version 8.64) and restarted the MacBook Pro and restarted the printer - LR still does not print - same progress bar with not progress.

BTW, when I check the print driver version in System Preferences... > Print & Scan Settings > Options & Supplies, the printer driver version shows as 6.6.

Update (2:24pm)...

I just deleted the printer from the printer list then added it again. The driver version updated to 8.64.

Now it is printing... BUT....
  • the interface has changed to a rather small Printer Queue window, not the usual, large printer interface showing the supply levels and alerts.
  • the icon next to the progress bar in the Printer Queue window has a small "PDF" at the bottom of it. Strange.
  • I was printing a "test strip" showing only a portion fo the final photo (I do this to check colour balance and exposure prior to printing a full page – as per darkroom test strips). What printed was not the cropped portion showing in the LR Print Module, but the portion just tot he left of the portion showing in the Print Module. Weird.

If anyone has anything to add or can clarify all of this, I would appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:37:56 pm by luxborealis »
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Printing Problem - Espon 3880 - LR4.1 - Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 11:01:09 pm »

Now it is printing... BUT....
  • the interface has changed to a rather small Printer Queue window, not the usual, large printer interface showing the supply levels and alerts.
  • the icon next to the progress bar in the Printer Queue window has a small "PDF" at the bottom of it. Strange.

screen shot might helpl.  The printing dialog have an arrow that you need to click to expand and show the entire dialog?  Any chance the Apple drivers haven't taken over (this can happen even after you've set everything up correctly).[/list]

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Printing Problem - Espon 3880 - LR4.1 - Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »

Probably time for the Printer Reset (Alt/Option click on the minus button in Printer/Fax). If that doesn’t work, time for the Epson printer reset enema:

Go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.
Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).
Then reinstall drivers in order if you have more than one Epson.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up