Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Landscape but not natural  (Read 2154 times)

Rob Dose

Landscape but not natural
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:19:06 am »

Taken with Leica S2 + 70mm at the SuperPit in Kalgoorlie Western Australia. My first trip out with the camera. Plan to do something about the blown out water but have not got around to it yet.

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
Re: Landscape but not natural
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:46:59 pm »

Nice shot. My thought is to darken the water in the ruts a bit (ala muddy water) and let the spraying water alone. If that doesn't work to your satisfaction you might try a noise layer on the spray with selective brushing back the noise on a mask. The truly elegant solution is to cover some of the spray with a lens flare something like what's in the upper left corner. I might even try to drop a dark cloud over the top part of the image and work a rainbow into the area between the spray and the cloud.

Rob Dose

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:28:57 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. When I saw the water truck coming I had time to fire off one shot before but not enough time to think about how bright te water was going to be as it went past so luckily I actually have all the texture for the dry earth beneath it in the first shot. I also might have some headroom in pulling back the highlights however I find that the S2 does not store much in the highlights. It's kind of a shoot for the highlights kind of camera.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 01:56:29 pm »

Nice colours and texture, among much else to like. Unexpected in a pit mine.

Rob Dose

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 11:42:02 pm »

Another one

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 06:16:23 am »

How did you manage to get these pics Rob? Were you on a mine tour?? I wasn't allowed to take pics during a mine tour at Tom Price.

Julie

Pages: [1]   Go Up