Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baltic sea  (Read 3631 times)

Timo Löfgren

Baltic sea
« on: July 26, 2012, 09:35:24 am »

francois

Re: Baltic sea
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:19:59 pm »

Very nice image, Timo. The foreground is really sharp with excellent textures and vivid colors, the sea is just fuzzy enough and the icing on the cake is the sky with those dark menacing clouds.
Francois

WalterEG

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 05:34:32 pm »

Lovely example of the pay back for effort.  The detail on the distant land at the horizon somehow tells me that this was not a matter of point and shoot.

Thanks for posting.

michswiss

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 10:37:01 am »

Weird.  That's my first reaction.  The lighting comes across as studio, but it can't be.  Odd clarity under the water in the foreground and the stones are superstars.  I'm pretty certain it's a longish exposure and the key is the stone in the middle of the shot with the water moving over it.

Timo Löfgren

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 07:08:48 am »

more.......

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 06:42:53 am »

Timo... I have shared with you over the years how exquisite I think your Black and white images are. Another beautiful one here...and in this post here, I prefer the B&W over the colour.

I love the texture of the rocks...juxtaposed against the softness of the misty water spray from the waves on the rocks. I'm not usually a fan of long exposures and water and usually can't cope with the 'misty' water thing... but here it gives the image a wonderful quality.

The sea further past the water has enough turbulence to allow me to feel the movement of it. Even though the rocks are very solid, there seems to be a real dynamic quality to this image. I love the quality of light on the clouds, which lifts the density of the sky.

Thanks Timo

Julie

Tony Jay

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 07:15:32 am »

Very interesting images.
I haven't seen any of your previous posted images but plan to keep an eye out in the future.

Well done

Tony Jay

David Jilek

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 08:16:37 am »

I also like the black and white. When I looked at the first image you posted I just started processing it in black and white in my own mind. Nice work!

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 10:52:11 am »

Timo, The B&W is on a par with the other very fine work you've posted before on LuLa. Good shooting.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 12:41:57 pm »

I like the b&w version because the blurred waves seem related to the rock shapes, almost like the waves were transitioning into rocks.  The blur tells a story, rather than being just a tedious artifact.  Monochrome is good for exploiting shapes and that's a fact.

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 01:44:06 pm »

Timo, The B&W is on a par with the other very fine work you've posted before on LuLa. Good shooting.

Russ is right- good shooting Sir.
Pages: [1]   Go Up