Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf8300 Inks  (Read 629 times)

troyveluz

ipf8300 Inks
« on: July 26, 2012, 02:07:40 am »

This is my first post and am fairly new to wide format printing so please be gentle.
I tried to find the answer in my manuals to this question but could not find it.

My ipf8300 broke and need over $2K to fix and I am trying to decide if I should buy a new one or get this old one repaired.
One question that I can not find an answer to is, can I remove the ink cartridges from the old ipf and put it onto the new one (that is, if I buy a new one).  7 of the 12 cartridges are still almost full and 2 of them are the 700ml.

Thanks in advance,
Troy

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Re: ipf8300 Inks
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 09:37:19 am »

Yes, you can pull them out and use them in the other printer no problem. I bought a set of partially used inks from a friend who was getting rid of a 5100. Put some packing tape over the nozzle end, vacuum sealed them into bags, and they were fine up to a year later when I used them in my printer.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

I.T. Supplies

Re: ipf8300 Inks
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 10:17:13 am »

Depending on how old the printer is, Canon's warranty can check it and possibly fix it.  If it's out of warranty, you can try finding places around on what the best cost it.  Normally, the cost to repair it (if it's a big issue) can be about as much as the printer.

If you rather go for a replacement, you can check our site out as we have a promo for the model.
You can contact us if you have questions.

From what Troy stated is also a good option for the inks.

Chris W
Pages: [1]   Go Up