Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One of my Favorites in a while. Sunrise at Port-Aleen Bay in Antrim.  (Read 1145 times)

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com

Hi everyone

Port-Aleen bay is a small bay situated near Torr Head in North Antrim. I took it on a trip with 2 photographer friends of mine. One of them has an old VW camper van and we slept at the location the night before. It was such a windy night that the ban rocked incessantly. Although it was very soothing we didn't sleep that much. We rose before sunrise and sleepily walked down to the water. It was very windy and the wind was coming in off the sea, which meant the lens on the camera had to be well protected otherwise it became quickly covered in salt water. Not easy when the exposures were up to ninety seconds. As I took my images the sun burst through just after rising and it was quite spectacular. This is the 3rd photo I took. The rays of sunshine lit up the sky for quite a while. I than walked up to Torr Head to get a shot I had imagined from the evening before. Unfortunately I was almost blown off the cliff!! I did however manage to get a nice photo. :)

is a video of what happened where you can see the emit behind the camera. :D

I captured the image using my H3D 39 back on my digitar wide DS with a 47mm Schneider and a 3 stop ND to slow things down.

You can view it in a larger size on my website by clicking here

You should click "View larger Image" above the top left of the image to see it in a nice big size for those of you with 24" monitors or bigger.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:55:09 pm by Enda Cavanagh »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: One of my Favorites in a while. Sunrise at Port-Aleen Bay in Antrim.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 04:29:48 pm »

Ah, I remember that kind of wind when I was shooting in Dorset.

As for the image, there appears to be a strong cyan cast in the foreground pebbles. Intentional?

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
Re: One of my Favorites in a while. Sunrise at Port-Aleen Bay in Antrim.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 04:35:50 pm »

Ya Slobodan.
You're right. A bit of a color shift caused uploading it. I did it quickly without checking. It should be ok now.
Thanks for letting me know :)

It's always a bit challenging with the irish wind.. more so on the west coast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up