Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Time  (Read 10120 times)

Rjohan

Time
« on: July 24, 2012, 12:24:09 pm »

Hello!

Just out of curiosity, how old is everybody on this forum and for how long have you been doing photography? Would be interesting to know.

I'm 21 (in few weeks) and I bought my first dslr 2 years ago. Was a D3000, upgraded to D7000 and started to do landscapes 6-12 months after that.
I now got the D800E.

Johan
Check out my new website! www.rosengrenjohan.com
If you want information and want to see new images I publish like my facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/rosengrenjohanphotography

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Time
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:21:03 am »

Been making photographs for more than forty years now.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Richowens

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 02:24:03 am »

Been at it forty two years. Started with a Pentax H3v, still have it.

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 03:10:25 am »

Got my foot into the pro-pho world in '60 and never again worked at anything else. Almost wrote never worked again, but that would have been an exaggeration.

;-)

Rob C

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 04:06:08 am »

Welcome, I have just turned 46, and I have been doing photography (as a hobby) since 1990. Started with my father's Canon Ftb (a chunk of metal), and with my first salary bought an EOS 1000 with kit zoom. Have been using EOS ever since, bought the first DSLR in 2009.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 06:43:25 am »

Started in 1960 with a Czech-made 35mm Etareta, upgraded ten years later to Minolta SRT101. Both cameras still in working order.

Tony Jay

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 06:57:24 am »

Took my first photographs at 11 years of age but only really started taking photography seriously in any way in 2006.

Regards

Tony Jay

David S

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 05:41:24 pm »

First 35 mm camera in 1957.

Dave S

marcmccalmont

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »

Born in 1956, grew up with a father who always had a darkroom, SLR's and MF TLR's so I always had photography around me. Bought a Canon AE1 when I was in the military (1979 or so) bought a Nikon F100 in 1999 (I think). Moved to Hawaii in 2002 bought a Canon 5D when they first came out in 2006 and have been "addicted" ever since.
Marc
Marc McCalmont

stevenov

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 09:37:01 pm »

Started in my pre-teens in the 50's with the family Argus C3.  First real camera in the early 70's was an Olympus OM-1.  I've stayed with Olympus ever since and don't regret it.  With all that experience I'm just now learning to make decent images.

Steve

AFairley

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 04:46:29 pm »

Born in 1949, got my first box camera around 1958, got my first 35mm camera and was introduced to the darkroom in the early 60s, got my first SLR in 1965.

Larry451

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 06:44:20 pm »

Bought my first camera, pentax 500 in 1970 (Henrys toronto).......  worked commercially/artistically since 1972  owned;  pentax, kowa, linhof, sinar, hasselblad, deardorff & nikon:    and now work with a d3x till my d800e comes in.........  boy, that's a long time......   but I still love taking/making images.
Larry.

Farmer

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 07:40:53 pm »

I'm 42.  My first camera was a hand-me-down from my father when I was 10 - it was a Minolta Hi-Matic F.

I've been playing around with them ever since, just as an amateur.
Phil Brown

Martin Ocando

• Lightcraftings
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 08:40:29 pm »

I'm 46, started back in 1978 with a Nikon FE. Awesome camera. Bought it new in Adorama on a trip to NYC. Used to have a complete wet darkroom at home, did color and b&w, slide and negative. Did E6 until chemicals were available in my country, then switched to Digital, a Canon Digital Rebel, 1st affordable DSLR ever. Now after passing through some bodies and lenses, I went for a smaller system. I'm now using m43, a Panasonic G3 with 3 lenses. Love it every day.
Martin Ocando
Olympus OM-D E-M1 -

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 01:47:02 am »

I am 53, started doing photography when I was 17. A few years later I bought a Canon A-1 and some FD lenses and then had a Minolta maxxum 9000 and fell in and out of photography and the back to Canon with a 1N. Got my first digital, it was 0.6mp Olympus around 1997, hot stuff back then. All internal memory. Then went to an Olympus E-10, Nikon Coolpix and then to Canon D60, then 1DmII and now a 5dmII and a 1Dm4 and a Fuji X-Pro 1. Used to dabble in darkroom stuff, had some runs with medium format and 4x5... Now I also use dedicated cooled CCD cameras for astrophotography with telescopes in addition to dslr's.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 07:09:44 pm »

I'm 50 years young!  ;D.... and the first I recall of photogrpahy was being in the photography club in school in year 10 and taking photos around the school at at events for the school magazine.

My husband then bought me my first camera for Christmas - our first Christmas together which was 30 years ago.... and have had a camera in my hand ever since!

I didn't start exhibiting until 2005, because I thought no-one would be interested in seeing my photographs - and I had a few self-worth issues LOL... that has since changed somewhat after a few ephiphanies.. LOL..

I now travel extensively across Australia and have embarked upon countries further afield...with my camera as my companion (when my loving husband isn't.... and even when he is... :-))

I couldn't imagine my life without my camera, photography and art. My photogrpahy enriches my life through opportunities to connect with the landscape... meet wonderful people... and learn about myself.

Julie 

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 06:12:44 am »

I was born in 56, remember having a box brownie that got passed down to me when I was about 6 years old. I always seemed to have owned some kind of pass-me-down camera, but I didn't really get serious about photography until the mid 80's. It was after I went back to university to study computing in the very early days of computer sciences to get my MSc, in fact I remember being on the internet, when there wasn't anything on the internet and no one knew what the hell the internet was. So I suppose it was when things started to go fully digital, that it really took off for me.

My name is Dave and I became a full blown photography addict in the mid 90's.

Dave  ;D

Vitantonio Dell Orto

• Exuvia, Vitantonio Dell'Orto Nature Photography
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 06:14:41 am »

I'm almost 50, and I started to take pictures at 17 with an Olympus Om-1.
So it's about 33 years.
--
Vitantonio Dell'Orto
Nature Photographer in Särna, Sweden.
www.exuviaphoto.com
www.sarnavandrarhem.com

Rob C

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 06:27:58 am »

I was born in 56, remember having a box brownie that got passed down to me when I was about 6 years old. I always seemed to have owned some kind of pass-me-down camera, but I didn't really get serious about photography until the mid 80's. It was after I went back to university to study computing in the very early days of computer sciences to get my MSc, in fact I remember being on the internet, when there wasn't anything on the internet and no one knew what the hell the internet was. So I suppose it was when things started to go fully digital, that it really took off for me.

My name is Dave and I became a full blown photography addict in the mid 90's.

Dave  ;D

I'm not so sure anything much has changed for the better; with a very few exceptions (YMMV), as a time-waster it ranks just below the tv services.

One good thing, though, is I can find music I couldn't buy at the time.

Rob C

ysengrain

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 07:00:58 am »

Hi,
I'm 66, and dived into photography 5O years ago, beginning with an Edixa Prismaflex, and a very special lens which was blurring every image at every distance.
Did you say blur ?

I now own an EOS5D Mk III, a G1X, a Leica IIIa, a Contax IIb
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up