Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plockton - plus one more  (Read 1436 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Plockton - plus one more
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:24:22 pm »

Yes Plockton, another great sounding name for a place (we have plenty around these parts you know), it's not on the IoS, but very close to it and is a small pretty harbour village - Joe Cornish has several pictures taken here and on Skye for that matter.

And I know Lance will tell me off, but I can only tell it as it happens, as again this was another unplanned 'lucky' shot taken on the way back from collecting seaweed for the garden compost - we don't take the wet fresh stuff BTW, just the dry stuff high on the beach that has been blown up there by some past storm. Anyway I digress, so we were driving back with the boot full of seaweed and bugs, when we decided to stop for a nice cup of tea (bone china cups again of course) at this spot and after about 20 minutes this sunset seemed to appear from nowhere. I would have loved to get some detail in the foliage and the island etc, but the light was so low by that time and the wind was blowing everything about, so I had no option other than let it fall into silhouette.

Ann thinks it is beautiful, but I think this is another spot I will need to revisit on a calmer day. Although I think I will be lucky to get another sky like this.

This is a 6 image stitched Pano BTW.

Dave
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:10:02 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Plockton
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 01:56:35 am »

Looks like a beautiful place to be!!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

Re: Plockton
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 11:06:38 am »

Wonderful interpretation of Plockton!
Francois

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Plockton - plus one more
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 12:52:56 pm »

Thanks everybody.

Here is the view from within the village of Plockton, from the left side of the harbour, which you can just about see in the distance of the picture above middle left, with this image taken from the view back in the opposite direction, if anyone's interested  :)

Dave
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:04:59 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »
Pages: [1]   Go Up