Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trouble posting  (Read 2293 times)

douvidl

trouble posting
« on: July 21, 2012, 03:25:53 pm »

Any words on posting an image to this board.  I can't seem to make it work.  Are there specific dimension limits/image?
Thanks
David

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: trouble posting
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 03:55:45 pm »

There's been a thread about similar issues:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=66622.0

Alternatively, you could be a bit more specific as to what steps you are taking.

douvidl

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 10:25:59 am »

My experiences mirrored those in the earlier thread.
David

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 11:59:13 am »

Well, have you also found a solution in the same thread?

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 01:13:21 pm »

That's much better, Slobodan. You look like a human being again.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

douvidl

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 04:21:21 pm »

If memory serves, there was no solution.   Perhaps you do.
David

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 04:51:35 pm »

Come on man! You asked for help and then you end up being sarcastic!?

The linked thread contains a lot of information how to insert a photo. In spite of gentle prodding, you have yet to post what exactly YOUR problem is and what steps YOU are taking, so that we can help you.

As for the "non-existing" solution, here is what the admin said about OP problem in that thread: "I removed the file attachment that was breaking things. It was labelled as a jpg file (by the .jpg extension), but it seems that it was not a valid jpg file..."

Then again, the solution above might be meaningless for you, if your problem is not exactly the same.

So, please, if you want help, post YOUR steps and describe YOUR problem.

EDIT: For size limits, check this thread: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=67918.0
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:56:04 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

douvidl

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 07:06:11 pm »

I have no idea who appointed you as chief cook, bottlewasher and attack photo person.  I really don't need your arrogance and sarcasm.  I've been on this board for a while and you, thank goodness, are the only condescending  jerk I've come across.  As far as I'm concerned you owe me an apology and a reprimand by the administrator of the board. (And I'll follow through  on the latter).
 So learn some manners, Slobodan.   And if you choose to respond, be polite and not mean spirited.
David

jeremypayne

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 07:32:26 pm »

I've been on this board for a while and you, thank goodness, are the only condescending  jerk I've come across. 

Oh, you are wrong there ... there are plenty more of us ...

As far as I'm concerned you owe me an apology and a reprimand by the administrator of the board.

Pass the bong, dude ... you are clearly smoking the good stuff!!

X-}

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 07:34:58 pm »

Holly cow!?

Just what part of my participation in THIS thread is impolite, mean spirited, arrogant and sarcastic!? Which part of my posts equals you calling me a "jerK"? What exactly do I need to apologize for? For spending more time and effort trying to help you than you spent explaining the problem?

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 07:40:31 pm »

I have no idea who appointed you as chief cook, bottlewasher and attack photo person.  I really don't need your arrogance and sarcasm.  I've been on this board for a while and you, thank goodness, are the only condescending  jerk I've come across.  As far as I'm concerned you owe me an apology and a reprimand by the administrator of the board. (And I'll follow through  on the latter).
 So learn some manners, Slobodan.   And if you choose to respond, be polite and not mean spirited.
David

Whoa, hold your horses there...

I believe Slobodan really is trying to be helpful to you here. So why not post the steps of what you are tryiing to do to upload your images so he can help you - he's a nice bloke you know, can't you tell by the sweet smile and dimpled cheeks in his avatar?

Dave

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 07:44:48 pm »

Oh, you are wrong there ... there are plenty more of us ...

As it seems there are plenty more of ZoranCs as well, Jeremy  ;)

P.S. NOW I am being sarcastic, David, but you would need to know a bit of forum history to understand this one.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 07:57:05 pm »

David

Oh oh. Looks as if we've got us another Dalethorn.

I guess there's got to be a troll on every forum.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

jeremypayne

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 08:03:51 pm »

Oh oh. Looks as if we've got us another Dalethorn.

I guess there's got to be a troll on every forum.

Ah ... Dale ... I almost forgot about him ...  :o

Tony Jay

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »

David, you really don't want to be mentioned in the same breath with ZoranC.

You may have noticed that most of us use our real names in our interactions on this forum.
That is because we are real people with real names having real conversations.
This does require a bit of give and take just as it might in a face-to-face conversation.
Perhaps even more than in a face-to-face conversation because there are no non-verbal keys with which to gauge the verbal exchanges.

I hope he doesn't get a big head for me saying this, I mention this for your information, but Slobodan is an intelligent fellow who is also helpful and articulate with a sense of humour. I think you have misinterpreted him.

My advice is to take a deep breath and get back into trying to solve the issue mentioned in your original post.
ZoranC ended up taking aim at everyone and eschewing the best advice in the world (to his technical problem anyway) and ended up putting everyone off. I don't think you are in the same league as ZoranC by any stretch of the imagination, very few would be, but it is not helpful at all to be compared to him.

Kind Regards

Tony Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up