Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Not enough space on the default volume"  (Read 8994 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
"Not enough space on the default volume"
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:21:33 pm »

I'm trying to do a four image merge to 'HDR Pro in Photoshop' from Lr4. When I do this I get the error message, 'There is not enough space on the default volume to complete this operation'. I tried cutting back to three images and got the same error message, though this process has worked with three images before. I checked the preferences>performance settings and I have 7175MB of RAM available and over 400GB of scratch disk space. I searched the web with the error message in quotes and found no posts or comments closely related to the problem.

Any ideas what this is and how it is resolved?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Tony Jay

Re: "Not enough space on the default volume"
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:59:55 pm »

Remo, I think the message may refer to hard drive storage space.
Ps doesn't have enough space on the hard drive to put the merged image.

Regards

Tony Jay

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:40:52 am »

...except that I checked my primary (F) photo hard drive where I store images and it still has over half a TB of available space. I know 32-bit HDR images can be large, but not THAT large  ;D
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:24:02 pm »

OK. I figured it out. I had two drives checked for use; C and F. C is a small system SSD with only a little room left. F is a 1.5TB rotational drive with 400GB available. I shut off the C drive leaving Ps only the big rotational drive to write to and the problem went away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up