Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a U.S. source for Canson Platine Fiber Rag paper in the A3 size?  (Read 3369 times)

Audii-Dudii

Their website says that it's available in this size, but I have had no luck finding a retail source for it here in the U.S. ... have I missed one?

I don't have time to order it and I can cut down 13x19 sheets if I absolutely must, so it's not critical, but I hate to throw away strips of perfectly good paper (even small ones!) if I don't have to do so.

Thanks!

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Have you checked, http://atlex.com

They carry most of the sheet sizes.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

BarbaraArmstrong

I buy it all the time in that size from Glazer's Camera in Seattle, WA.  Their website is www.glazerscamera.com.  And they will mail to you.  On the East Coast, in the Washington, DC area, I would check at Ace Photo in the Virginia suburbs (north of Dulles Airport).  I don't know if they have that particular paper and size, but they have an extensive selection of papers in their back room.  Their website is www.acephoto.net.  --Barbara

BarbaraArmstrong

Just to add, I got that paper in that size only 9 days ago at Glazers (Seattle).  Good luck. 

KeithR

It might help to know where you are located. I'm in the Minneapolis area and there is only one source locally that I know of that has that in stock as I was just there yesterday.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

howardm

Keith,  what location is that?  I'm in Minn this weekend and may need a gear diversion ;)

BarbaraArmstrong

I do like to send people to local stores with excellent stocks and excellent customer service.  Wherever you are, however, Shades of Paper is an excellent source, have just-about-everything, are online, and can be reached by phone at 856-787-9200.  They helped me out with early sourcing of a paper I wanted to try.  The Canson Platine in the 11 x 17 is my number one favorite.  I'll be pleased to help generate a strong demand for it so they won't change or discontinue it!  --Barb

KeithR

Keith,  what location is that?  I'm in Minn this weekend and may need a gear diversion ;)
West Photo has the largest selection of paper in the metro area. Numerous brands and sizes. Only one store and not open on sundays.
National Camera has 3 or 4 brands(canon/epson being 2) and a small sampling at that.

Audii-Dudii

I buy it all the time in that size from Glazer's Camera in Seattle, WA.  Their website is www.glazerscamera.com.  And they will mail to you.  On the East Coast, in the Washington, DC area, I would check at Ace Photo in the Virginia suburbs (north of Dulles Airport).  I don't know if they have that particular paper and size, but they have an extensive selection of papers in their back room.  Their website is www.acephoto.net.  --Barbara

I just checked their website and see they have it in the 11x17 size, but that's not the same as A3, which is closer to 11.7x16.5 ... not a big difference, obviously, but big enough that for this project, at least, it won't work.

Audii-Dudii

It might help to know where you are located. I'm in the Minneapolis area and there is only one source locally that I know of that has that in stock as I was just there yesterday.

Scottsdale, Arizona, although I assumed that I would have to mailorder it, as I don't know of a local retailer who carries the line.

howardm

You really should contact Canson (in Massachusetts) directly and ask them.  They've been very helpful when I have called in the past.

KeithR

Scottsdale, Arizona, although I assumed that I would have to mailorder it, as I don't know of a local retailer who carries the line.
Then mail order may be your only hope. I've ordered paper from Adorama once and learned a valuble lesson. That being to contact the store and find out how old it is and how  it's shipped. What I got was very old stock. I ordered 2 boxes of paper and while the shipping box was pristine, the boxes of paper themselves had crushed corners. Opening one the boxes of paper was yellow compared to the other box. I wrote to Innova and complained and they sent out a replacement for the yellowed stock only to have such a curl(2 inches from flat on 2 sides) that I took pics and sent it back to Innova. That was over a year ago. Last I heard(August 2011) was that when new stock came in they would send out another replacement box. So far nothing. Such a shame as I really liked their Semi Matte. Right now my local store that I get paper at has a sale on Innova products but I still saw the same yellowing on the SM. Some boxes(Innova has plastic boxes for some products) of the same paper, you could see the yellowing compared to the bright white of others. That being said, I have read nothing but good things of Shades of Paper and Altex so I think if I were to do mail order again, I would contact them.

Audii-Dudii

As someone mentioned at the beginning about Atlex, we do carry this product.  Canson doesn't have the 11.7x16.5 available, but they do have the 11x17 and larger sheets.  I've attached the link to our page with all sizes available.

Thanks, but I really do -- well, I guess it's now did -- need the A3 size, so I cut down 13x19 sheets and am throwing away a bit of paper.  Oh, well...

And Yes, for future reference, I did send an email to Canson about the availability of the A3 size, but I haven't received a response from them.

Lastly, I'm already an Atlex customer, as that's where I buy most of my paper and all of my ink.  8^)
Pages: [1]   Go Up