Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP z3200ps - Error message  (Read 1102 times)

chichornio

HP z3200ps - Error message
« on: July 18, 2012, 08:34:16 pm »

After I moved my HP z3200ps 44" to a new office, I´m getting a constant error alert: "Cleaning needed... clean drop detector..." I did it, as the manual says, but I getting the same message all over again. It does not stop the printer to work... Should I be worried? Any other workaround to get rig of this message? Should I call HP suport? Thanks for any advice. I didn´t get this error message before in the last 2 1/2 years.

chichornio

Re: HP z3200ps - Error message
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:38:51 pm »

Just for the records... HP support came to see my printer. And the constant 52:10 error message  (Cleaning needed. Clean Drop Detector...) was caused by ink on the Encoder. I also had the Color Sensor 58:10 error code, also probably cause by ink that was on the encoder.
So... if your are planning to move your printer as I did (2 floors down, 2 floors up, by hand, no elevator) take care that any ink gets the Encoder (better yet... dissamble the right side of the printer to check if there is any ink in the encoder)
After the cleaning, my printer was in the road again, reliable as it was before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up