Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A4 printer with small footprint for artist cards etc  (Read 1645 times)

therron36

A4 printer with small footprint for artist cards etc
« on: July 18, 2012, 07:13:20 pm »

I currently have an ipf8300 and am looking for a small printer to print artist cards, handouts, certificates, invoices etc, up to A4 size. 
What's the best option for a decent quality printer with a small footprint? 

Thanks,
Steven

John Nollendorfs

Re: A4 printer with small footprint for artist cards etc
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 10:59:37 pm »

the A4 inkjets will deliver a "nicer" looking photographic print, but the cost of those  ink carts will kill you. I've got the KonicaMiinolta 4650 color laser, (now superceded) that delivers very nice (for laser) artists cards, that I print on precut & scored paper 10x7--costs me about 10 cents a sheet compared to Red River Inkjet cards of over 30 cents each. I figure the toner costs at about 15 cents each.

Yes, the laser will cost you about 4x more going in, but you will print over 20X the number of prints with the toner carts that come with the printer compared to those small inkjet carts.

The laser will print the cards a lot faster, with no feeding problems and no nozzle cleaning cycles.  The toner carts that come with the printer are usually rated for around 4k to 8k  A4  prints of 5 percent coverage.

therron36

Re: A4 printer with small footprint for artist cards etc
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 11:50:17 pm »

Thanks for replying John. What you say makes a lot of sense and colour laser printers are getting cheaper. I'll compare the printed output and see if this option would work for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up