Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re feeding paper in Epson 7900  (Read 3820 times)

randal21

Re feeding paper in Epson 7900
« on: July 18, 2012, 06:11:15 pm »

In the past I am able to refeed a partial printed sheet to help with saving paper in doing proofs. Mostly 8 1/2 x 11. Now I get a error message that asks me to load the paper correctly. It worked in the past. Enhanched Matte with standard or even wide platen is my setting. Any solutions, please.  thanks.

randal21

Re: Re feeding paper in Epson 7900
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »

I called the Epson tech people. They were not sure what to think. It worked out where the head would okay the printing if there wasn't any printing on 4 1/4" from the edge. Any solutions? thanks.

Garnick

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 11:33:12 pm »

Have you updated the firmware recently? That could be the cause. I always use 8.5x11 for testing, 5-2x8" strips per sheet. Occasionally I notice the same issue you are describing. I think it has to do with the way the sensor on the print head is reading the paper size and the positioning of the strips/prints. In this case I simply go to Printer Setup on the control panel and scroll down to 'Paper Size Check' and turn it off. That will then let the paper load and you can go on with your printing/testing as usual. A bit of a nuisance, but at least you can use all of the sheet. Don't forget to reset this if you need this feature. I always leave it on except for this issue. Hope this helps.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

randal21

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 11:07:19 am »

Excellent Gary. Reset the paper size check and a half printed sheet fed without the paper load error message. You helped me stay "green" without wasting paper and made my workflow more what it used to be. Most appreciated.  Thanks. Randal

Garnick

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 11:43:44 am »

Hi Randal,

Glad to be of help and also glad it worked for you. I just wanted to add one thing. I use Ilford Gallerie Smooth Pearl Paper for one of my customers. A very nice paper, but sometimes a pain in the you know where. The 8.5x11 sheets ALWAYS have a bit of a curl built in and can cause paper jams regularly, especially during the winter months when the relative humidity is low. Usually I had to back curl the paper and hope for the best. With the 'Paper Size Check' on the paper is fed in and then comes back and forth a couple of times for the sensor to take its reading. It's when the paper is pushed backward that it would catch and cause a jam, NOT a good thing! At one point I thought I was going to have to give up on that paper, which would be a shame since it is a nice surface. Then one day last winter my feeble brain experienced an epiphany which led me to shut the 'Paper Size Check' down while using that paper and all has been well in Printerland since. Of course this approach would also apply to any 'sheet' paper that is consistently causing jams due to curl. Not a guarantee but certainly worth a try.

Gary

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

randal21

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 01:32:05 am »

Hey Gary...my paper won't advance beyond the loading position but the head moves across the paper with no ink laid down. Does this in the nozzle check procedure too. Any suggestions?

randal21

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 12:19:07 pm »

Back to normal. The recalibration routine was the problem. Of course Epson didn't tell me until my second call and they said ...yes... that's it. More Epson ink in the maintenance tank toilet. Just glad to be up and running. Thanks to all who replied.
Pages: [1]   Go Up