Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using Canon IPF8300 for fine art repro on canvas and paper?  (Read 11823 times)

Roscolo

Re: Anyone using Canon IPF8300 for fine art repro on canvas and paper?
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 03:33:25 pm »

You need the True Black and White software for the Canon and you need an Eye One to relinearze one of the existing curves for gloss papers. That is essential I see after doing it.

Then you have something as good or better than the Hp for BW.

6 years in and all my prints on HP Prem ID Satin look great. Some displayed behind regular (not museum) glass getting some sunlight. Some just in clear bags getting some indirect sunlight. Some kept in drawers.

Bowhaus says they will make a Windows version of the True Black and White, so hopefully that is true and not too far out. Was tough call to not get a z3200, but looking forward to getting to know the ipf8300.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 06:18:12 am »

Z3100 based on profilemaker engine, Z3200 on monaco.

Right, and the Z3200 Color Center version (HP developed) that is integrated with all Z3200s is as good as, if not better than that APS version for the Z3200.
In my opinion.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

340+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
update april 2012: Harman by Hahnemühle, Innova IFA45 and more

aaronchan

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 07:57:29 am »

I have both Z3200 and iPF8300
I don't really like the Z3200 due to the limitation of paper choice, most of the very thick paper won't be able to print without head strikes. Also the speed is very slow. So I use my 8300 for almost all of my clients.
But when it comes to matte paper that could feed into the Z3200 correctly, I will use it, specially for B&W images.

But still, 8300 can do everything that I need to and my clients want to.

aaron

deanwork

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 10:36:47 am »

That's interesting. I've used nothing but thick papers and canvas through my Z3100 for 5.5 years and I don't experience head strikes. I think that has something to do with the star wheel assembly adjustment or possibly even the firmware that controls it. The only time I've ever had a head strike is with the fiber gloss media toward the end of the roll that is curling badly. That happens.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up