Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Generating Custom Targets for i1Profiler  (Read 3055 times)

samueljohnchia

Generating Custom Targets for i1Profiler
« on: July 15, 2012, 11:56:53 pm »

I've been searching for this info, pardon me if someone has already answered it somewhere else.
If I want to create custom targets for i1Profiler (I'm on v1.3.2), like how SergeyT did: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=65703.msg525894#msg525894 combine 1000+ color patches auto generated by i1Profiler with the max number of neutrals and slightly-off-neutrals from a 5837 target also auto generated by i1Profiler, how do I go about manipulating the pxf files? I tried opening it up in a text editor and got lost. Am I supposed to/only allowed to modify it from there? I also want to pay around adding my own custom patches to it, just to see how that affects the profile generation in terms of accuracy, smoothness etc. I know I read about others doing so to.

I appreciate any help on this! Thank you.

aaronchan

Re: Generating Custom Targets for i1Profiler
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:02:04 pm »

I usually gereate the color patches with an excel sheet which i1profile will take. Or you can generate the color patches in i1p and then export it out in txt format, then modify it in anyway as you want

samueljohnchia

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:32:03 pm »

Hi aaronchan, thanks for your reply. I tried to export txt files from i1Profiler, but in the patch set tab I can only output .pxf files and in the test chart patch I can only output .txf files, not .txt. I tried the latest version of Colorport and it would not accept pxf or txf files. And colorport will only output xml/tiff/pdf files. I believe i1Profiler accepts xml files? I will go back and try it, in office now.

And if you were to use excel to generate custom patch sets, you would enter RGB values in the columns and excel will generate a text file with the proper formatting all done? Or is there a particular way to format it for i1profiler to read?

I wonder if there is a 'better' way or a visual way to combine patches from separate targets together and generate the necessary reference txt file to go along with it, as opposed to manually keying it one by one. I thought I could have done that with Colorport but I can't locate that functionality.

aaronchan

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:59:12 pm »

Export the target in the Second Module where you set your page size.

aaron
Pages: [1]   Go Up