Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: banding on Epson 7900  (Read 2100 times)

randal21

banding on Epson 7900
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:23:58 pm »

I have some light lines (where there is no color) on a lighter blue in a printout on my 7900 Epson. The lines are every 1/8" or so. Is this a nozzle issue?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: banding on Epson 7900
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 03:32:22 pm »

Do the lines run in the direction of the print head?  If so:

Have you run a nozzle check?  From what you are describing it very well could be a clog cyan/LT cyan issue.  I would run
the nozzle check, with the Auto clean off so you can control the necessary cleaning. 

However it can also be a print head alignment issue. 

Best place to start is Nozzle check, if all show clean, then consider print head alignment.

If the lines are running opposite the direction of the print head, then you may have a issue with contact paper/head, which a media setting change
or platen gap setting may resolve.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

randal21

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 03:53:21 pm »

I did a cyan clean but the nozzle check was fine before I did it. The lines are opposite the printhead movement. I did get good results with printing it at 1440 rather than 720 and took high speed off. What do you think was the issue? It is on Epson matte paper and the platen is regular/normal Thanks.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 05:21:54 pm »

High speed, I never use it.  It causes more problems to me than it's worth.  Yes, even on the 9900. 
Especially high speed and only 720 dpi. Others mileage will vary here.  I only use high speed on smallish
prints, 11 x 14 and smaller, and when the media is RC glossy and or luster. 

Depending on the matte paper thickness, you almost may want to increase your platen gap to wider, however since you fixed the problem
by backing off to 1440 and  Not high speed you fixed it.  You may want to try a head alignment, as on the 7900 it's very easy and all
automated.   

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up