Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLD: Canon 600mm f/4L IS California $6,675. Reduced  (Read 2172 times)

Netxlabs

SOLD: Canon 600mm f/4L IS California $6,675. Reduced
« on: July 15, 2012, 01:23:26 pm »

SOLD:

Update - this item is now sold. Thanks for your interest and have an excellent day!

Canon 600mm f/4L IS

Canon 600mm f/4L IS $6,675 for local pickup in the SF Bay Area. This is an expensive lens - I'd prefer to find a local buyer if I can so they can see it and test it in person and know they are getting the best. Anyone local want to pick it up? I'll buy your breakfast and you can take test shots of a dollar bill across the street on my RRS 34L Tripod and Gimbal head and view the results 10x magnified on my 4.2" SmallHD LCD EVF and verify that the optics are perfect. I'll provide the body and all the testing equipment necessary.

Second that I'd prefer a buyer from the Western U.S if possible. But I'll consider options to the East Coast or even internationally if the buyer is really sure they want this lens.

Click on the images to see the full sized image.

About:

I purchased this lens new from a USA authorized Canon dealer (B&H). I baby my equipment. This has seen very light use. I’ve never used it in inclement weather. It has been stored in the Canon hard case in a non-smoking household.

Includes:

All original items:

All the things included when purchased new: Canon hard carrying case, lens hood, lens dust cap E (rear), 52mm drop-in gel filter holder (with filter mounted), manual(s), warranty card the tripod foot, the wide strap and keys.

Plus:

A lens coat (lens coat has bends and wear from getting squished up in the case)  and I have cut away some of the plastic that covers the switches because I found it annoying.

Please note the replacement foot shown in the picture is *not* included. I will ship with the original Canon foot. To use this on a tripod you will need a replacement foot or plate.  

Condition:

This is close to mint except for two small marks shown in the photo. There are no defects in the the optics. I have tested the optics and this is a very sharp copy (see test shots below).  The barrel is perfect except where the lens hood retention screen mounts into the front grove. The hood screw has left two marks in the paint there. This is common with all superteles and occurred from pressure of the case on the hood screw when the case is closed. You can’t see it when the hood is mounted in the shooting position or the reverse storage position. You can only see it when the hood is off. You can see the two marks in the image below.  This happens to almost all Canon Superteles. You can see these two tiny marks in the photos below. Otherwise this is mint.

Terms:

The buyer has 7 days to return the lens if they are not happy with the purchase for any reason for a full refund less shipping costs both ways. I want you to be happy with the lens purchase. However, this return policy is not a lens “rental.” The lens must be returned in the same condition it shipped in (see pictures below).

Payment:

$6675 for local pickup.

If shipped I’m somewhat open to payment type. But the payment must clear before I ship. Price is $ $6675 plus actual FedEx air shipping net to me. Payment can be personal check, cashier's check or money order, cash, wire, etc. If you use Paypal you are responsible for fees but that's OK too.

First person to pay for the lens gets it.

Shipping:

Will be FedEx 3-day or local pickup in the SF Bay Area. You are welcome to come and test the lens in person before buying. I’ll buy you breakfast if you do.  If you return the item it must be returned by Fedex 3-day or better shipping. This lens is too expensive to go ground or USPS and risk damage.

Packaging:

I will ship the lens in the original hard case and the original Canon cardboard and foam shipping box. If you wish to have another box around the Canon box I can do that but that will also increase the shipping cost and you will pay the difference (+$50 - $100)

More pictures here:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1130601/0

Click here to see my feedback:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/feedback/43777

I've got 100% positive feedback on FM including the sale of a 300mm and two 500mm Canons! I've also got 100% positive feedback on eBay - all photo related as techatnetexpress.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:09:41 pm by Netxlabs »

Netxlabs

Re: Canon 600mm f/4L IS $7175
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 01:24:27 pm »

Pictures

Netxlabs

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 01:25:25 pm »

Netxlabs

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 01:26:24 pm »

Netxlabs

Re: Canon 600mm f/4L IS California $7100 Reduced
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »

Price reduced to $7,100.00 for local pickup in the SF Bay Area.

Netxlabs

Re: Canon 600mm f/4L IS California $7100 Reduced
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 11:21:11 am »

Price reduced to $7,050.00 for local pickup in the SF Bay Area.

Netxlabs

Re: Canon 600mm f/4L IS California $7050 Reduced
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 08:11:06 pm »

$6,999.99. Final price drop for the weekend before I withdraw it. Will consider trade for an 800 plus cash.

Thanks!

Netxlabs

Reduced to $6,888.88

Netxlabs

Re: Canon 600mm f/4L IS California $6,785. Reduced
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 09:52:50 am »

Reduced $6,785

Netxlabs

Re: Canon 600mm f/4L IS California $6,675. Reduced
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 11:11:18 am »

Reduced  $6675

Netxlabs

SOLD: Canon 600mm f/4L IS California $6,675. Reduced
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 04:09:22 pm »

SOLD:

Update - this item is now sold. Thanks for your interest and have an excellent day!
Pages: [1]   Go Up