Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF 8300 new drivers,software,and firmware post dates 6/28/12 thru 7/12/12  (Read 1977 times)

Steve Lacko

I am using Mac Snow Leopard. Has anybody updated the Canon 8300 software,drivers and firmware? I If you did how did you decide which ones of the multiple versions to install. I did install new firmware Ver.1.26, but I am confused by the duplicate options and the order to proceed with the update of the Software and Drivers options. Attached is a screenshot of the Canon update page. Any help and guidance would be appreciated.
A problem I hope to solve with the update is that when I change paper types (roll or sheet) or sizes the change is not reflected in the Roll Width in the Page Setup part of the driver.

2 Screen shots attached

Thanks
Steve Lacko

Steve Lacko

Whoops
Here is second screen shot

dalex

Steve,

I was just on the phone with Canon Tech Support for an unrelated issue, and they recommended I update to the most recent driver and firmware. For the two driver versions that are shown (2.42 and 2.70), they said 2.42 was for MacOS 10.6 and earlier, and 2.70 is for MacOS 10.7.

For the order they recommended upgrading the driver first, then the firmware, for what it's worth.

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up