Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northern lake  (Read 1279 times)

sdwilsonsct

Northern lake
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:49:57 am »

I have been working on some older images. Thanks for looking.

Tony Jay

Re: Northern lake
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:13:34 pm »

Delightful images all Scott.
A very subtle palette of colour.
These images are full of mystery since the clouds are tending to tease the viewer by selectively hiding and revealing elements of the scene.
With others these images would make a wonderful exhibition showing the area in question in all its moods.

Regards

Tony Jay

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 01:42:07 am »

I'm afraid the first two don't do much for me other than 'I was here' type of imagery, but I find the third one intriguing - it's almost as if the boat was shot in different light than the lake in which it's sitting.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

churly

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 08:18:19 am »

I like what you are doing with the subtle palette on these.  Like Mike says, the first two don't have the foreground that grabs you and pulls you in but they do set a subtle mood that is evocative - at least for me - and refreshes past personal experience.
Chuck Hurich

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 08:43:52 am »

Thanks, Tony, Mike and Chuck. I had hoped there was enough interesting stuff in the content of 1 and 2, but I see where you're coming from.

The light at 68° is really nice.

The wooden boat indeed stands out. I attach another example, a hay barn nearby. For me, the warm colours of the boat and the barn are a suggestive contrast against the cold, indifferent environment.

Jon Meddings

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 05:58:46 pm »

Scott, I must say I didn't care for the lake shots. However, this shot of the hay barn really grabs me.  I like the warmth and I can feel the cold (if you know what I mean). Coming from northern Canada I have seen this 'scene' many times before. This is a great capture and I'd put it on a wall somewhere...

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 06:52:41 pm »

The boat and the barn are similar, very nicely processed, and would work together as part of a series.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 12:13:16 pm »

Thanks, Jon and Lou. I'll look for more of these, on rainy, frosty, foggy days. The other trick is that these objects have been tarred, which gives them that warm glow, as opposed to the gray of weathered wood or the brighter colours of stain or paint.
Pages: [1]   Go Up