I've just purchased PKS 2. I'm running CS5 Win7 64 bit. I've read the pdf that comes with it, now I'm trying to answer some questions that pop up.
My situation first.
I work part time as a sport / social photographer for the local newspaper. In this environment critical sharpening is not much of a concern at all. If an image is there, the software they run performs sharpening for the presses. I only assess my images for focus and a few other things, reject whichever and send the rest on. I don't see PKS2 affecting this side.
However, for my personal work of portraiture and landscapes it seems a bit different.
My current workflow is
1) To import using the Bridge downloader.
2) Convert my X-rite passport images to dngs and make the relevant profiles.
3) Open the images in ACR and apply the relevant profile and lens correction to all images.
4) I'll sort the exposure, contrast etc.
5) I'll perform a noise reduction on the images and then perform a light capture sharpening last before opening the images in CS5.
My understanding of my new workflow is that the default ACR sharpening should be turned off.
Thus, my new workflow is the same as before except that after I perform the noise reduction, I open them in CS5 and File/Automate and use PKS2 Creative sharpener and perform the capture sharpening at this point.
After that, I then make any adjustments to the image and when those are correct, I then apply the creative sharpening.
I am on the right track aren't I?