Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: First photo printer - Prints GROSSLY dark - nearly all black  (Read 5776 times)

Nora_nor

Re: First photo printer - Prints GROSSLY dark - nearly all black
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 09:51:48 am »

I do not think you can print photos from windows explorer or a web browser in Windows. Windows colour management does not work that way.

From  a mac one could print from preview I think, since all programs for a mac are forced into colour sync.

From Windows, one needs to print from a version of photoshop that supports colour management, meaning from the old ps6 or 7 and upwards, or Lightroom, or quimage I think, maybe Irfan view works if one downloads colour management in irfan view and enables it especially. Maybe some other free programs can have colour management too, I do not have a list. Maybe a task for wikipedia?

What happens in windows explorer I think, is that it sends some kind of windows colour management file to the printer driver

When we show photos on a calibrated projector on a screen from windows explorer, the colours may be all wrong. For some reason the person in charge of showing the photos always uses windows explorer or powerpoint. (she says it is because she has figured out how to show slideshows with music on powerpoint) but none of these programs can use the embedded profiles or the screen profiles. Also, windows can only use one screen profile at  a time, not in-built screen and projector both.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:56:09 am by Nora_nor »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up