Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Varnishing light pole  (Read 3480 times)

mtakeda

Varnishing light pole
« on: July 06, 2012, 11:38:11 pm »

This may sound too wild but there are many situations I feel I can make nice landscape photos if there are no light poles. Then I wonder if it is possible to wipe out light poles on thevLightroom now or in the future. I hope someone out there will be with me.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Varnishing light pole
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:49:25 am »

Yeah, it's called Photoshop...

Really ain't no way around it, if ya wanna do heavy retouching, you also need Photoshop plus Lightroom...

mtakeda

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 01:23:59 am »

Thank you. As the Lightroom is challenging enough for me, I will wait for another miracle on the future upgrade of the Lightroom rather going for Photoshop.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:00:25 pm »

This may sound too wild but there are many situations I feel I can make nice landscape photos if there are no light poles. Then I wonder if it is possible to wipe out light poles on thevLightroom now or in the future. I hope someone out there will be with me.

LOL! I had a vision of someone with a can of varnish and a paint brush going around looking for light poles to varnish!

Steve House

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 06:51:42 am »

LOL! I had a vision of someone with a can of varnish and a paint brush going around looking for light poles to varnish!
Just paint them with Invisible Paint

sanfairyanne

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 04:51:50 pm »

I work as a varnisher so this had me interested. ;D

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 12:09:59 am »

Thank you. As the Lightroom is challenging enough for me, I will wait for another miracle on the future upgrade of the Lightroom rather going for Photoshop.
well, you might find light poles not that much trouble in PS ... the content aware fill tools are pretty amazing.

There is a very fundamental difference between the two programs.  Lightroom is a metadata editor, it allows you to create data about the image file, but creating new data isn't something it does very well other than some slight cloning available in the spot brush.

PS is a pixel editor, so it allows you to replace any pixels with whatever you want ... such as replacing the information where the pole is with the information on either side of the pole.

You can wait for LR to do this ... I certainly can't say it will never happen, since the LR team has been pretty amazing with the adjustment tools ... but the concept is somewhat foreign to the way LR operates.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 05:07:57 am »

You can wait for LR to do this ... I certainly can't say it will never happen, since the LR team has been pretty amazing with the adjustment tools ... but the concept is somewhat foreign to the way LR operates.
I'd be careful before saying it's foreign to this type of app. Take a look at Aperture's retouching tool and you'd probably change your mind.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up