Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving IPF 8300  (Read 1201 times)

lmsolo

Moving IPF 8300
« on: July 05, 2012, 02:50:55 pm »

Hi all,

I need some advice regarding moving my printer.

We are being moved by a pro moving company and they require the ink tanks removed. It is a move via truck and the manual says that is considered a level 1. It says no ink needs to be disposed of and that it requires 0-1 maintenance cartridges (my cart is at 40% right now).

I am a little confused about removing the tanks. Will that cause the ink to leak from the tubing? If I remove the tanks do I have to do a level 3 drain?

Thanks for any advice.

Lisa

narikin

Re: Moving IPF 8300
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 03:48:05 pm »

It's all in the manual IIRC. really depends on what angle the machine will go at as it moves. If it stays nearly flat, then you are fine, if it starts to be up-ended, stairs, manhandling through tight doorways, elevators that require tilts, etc, then you need to drain it properly.

lmsolo

Re: Moving IPF 8300
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 04:32:01 pm »

I understand and have read the info re: level 1, 2 and 3 re: tipping angles etc. I am wondering if the removal of the tanks will require a level 3 draining. Although this move would not require taking the tanks out (moving by truck 1.5 hours down the road), the movers are insisting that the tanks come out.

Thanks again.

Lisa
Pages: [1]   Go Up