Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inspired by Chris' Post...  (Read 2015 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Inspired by Chris' Post...
« on: July 04, 2012, 07:18:24 pm »

... "Cherished by the Sea" post, that is, I remembered I had a similar shot from Savannah. A hotel, shot through the front window:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:44:27 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Inspired by Chris' Post...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 07:55:49 pm »

Very nice composition, but I don't know if the window reflection in the upper third adds or detracts - I will have to look at this one several times I think.  :)

Dave

Tony Jay

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 08:54:43 pm »

I too noticed the reflections immediately however in my case I think indisputably that they add to the character of lovely image.

Regards

Tony Jay

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 03:27:28 am »

Definitely an image requiring perusal and thought...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 04:02:30 am »

What I don't understand, Slobodan, is why you cloned her out; she used to look so cool sitting there, on that love seat on the second floor:

http://youtu.be/gpg7Bvmwi2g

Rob C

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 12:43:22 pm »

I've perused it now for two days. Conclusions: (1) Fine architectural shot. (2) The window reflections are one of the things that make it so good. Good shooting Slobodan.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 07:45:02 pm »

Ok... so... reflections... some like them, some hate them. But have you noticed how seamlessly they (tree top reflections) blend with the wallpaper pattern (yes, that is wallpaper!), introducing a bit of intrigue and ambiguity? Perhaps not easy to notice in the OP 800 px file, so here is a crop:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:46:49 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 07:53:14 pm »

What I don't understand, Slobodan, is why you cloned her out; she used to look so cool sitting there, on that love seat on the second floor:

http://youtu.be/gpg7Bvmwi2g

Rob C

Oh, come on, Rob!

Even you (and YouTube) could not produce a picture of her, just a spinning LP instead. But Savannah is there (in her song), as well of the symbolism of 1956 - the year of my birth.

:)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 12:29:23 am »

Very interesting shot, which of course precedes mine. I like the way the shot reveals the reflection on the glass but doesn't overpower the shot itself.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 04:16:21 pm »

Oh, come on, Rob!

Even you (and YouTube) could not produce a picture of her, just a spinning LP instead. But Savannah is there (in her song), as well of the symbolism of 1956 - the year of my birth.

:)

Then you were probably just being conceived when Pete Kelly's Blues was being edited - not that I make a link, of course, not knowing any of the players, but Ella, as you can hear, did a fine rendering of the song and I secretly suspect (shhh don't broadcast this) that Hannah was filmed on the love seat but, for political/social/religious reasons and partly because of the prevailing double-standards on morality, she ended up not on the casting couch (at that late stage) but on the cutting-room floor. But as I said, don't pass this around.

Rob C

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 04:22:42 pm »

I've perused it now for two days. Conclusions: (1) Fine architectural shot. (2) The window reflections are one of the things that make it so good. Good shooting Slobodan.

+1

Yes I agree, especially after Slobodan's explanation of the blending/interaction of the wallpaper with the window reflection, which as you quite rightly point out Russ, adds yet another dimension to the already well executed composition of the shot.

Dave

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 07:01:18 pm »

Slobodan this is a very interesting image. I love the sense of repetition which is evident in various elements of the image.The sense of ambiguity in the 'reality' of of the reflection really keeps my eye searching for more visual cues to work out 'what on earth is going on and where on earth is this positioned in the world'."it is floating in the sky?? etc. There is a very subtle sense of the surreal in this image. Every part of the image has somenthing to offer. The colour pallette is harmonious and I can see through this image you have a real appreciation for and recognition of the balance of shape and line. There is also a sense of narrative indicated through the architectual style, furnishings, wallpaper and the artwork on the walls.

Julie
Pages: [1]   Go Up