Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens correction (lens profiles) and camera calibration problem  (Read 1891 times)

mtakeda

I am new here and hope somebody can help my problem. My camera is Nikon D800e. That is when I use plugin such as Fusion In Focus, there are only half a dozen lens profiles in lens correction of the development module while without the plug in there are quite a few profiles shown. On camera calibration with the plug in it shows only "Embedded" , no other choices such as camera landscape and so on.

Can anyone please tell me how to solve this problem.

Thank you.

Massi Takeda

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Lens correction (lens profiles) and camera calibration problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:29:29 am »

When you use an external editor, the resulting image is no longer raw...so it's natural to have Embedded as the only profile. DNG profiles are for raw files, not rendered files. As for the lens profiles, it's not clear what you are saying...on a raw file unprocessed, you are seeing all the Nikon lens profiles and after rendering you are not? Again, that makes sense because there are two kind of lens profiles-those made to process raw files and those made to render JPEG or TIFF files. Raw lens profiles are different than rendered files...you need to do the DNG and lens profiles BEFORE rendering images to an external editor...

mtakeda

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:37:32 am »

Thank you very much. You made it very clear. Now I should develope raw file the process through the plugin. That is better way?

Schewe

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:42:14 am »

Yep...in general it's optimal to do ALL raw image adjustments in LR or ACR before sending your image to a pixel editor...

mtakeda

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 01:48:00 am »

Thank you kindly again.

Schewe

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 01:50:19 am »

Thank you kindly again.

You are welcome Massi-san (assuming you are Japanese–could be wrong :~)

mtakeda

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 02:08:35 am »

Yes, I am and living in Japan and US 50/50 now. To me the computer is a struggle and constant challenge but with kind gentlemen such as you give me a lot of warm feeling and support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up