Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frustrations with new Epson 7900  (Read 1639 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Frustrations with new Epson 7900
« on: July 01, 2012, 04:41:10 pm »

Not what you're thinking, I bet. It was delivered on Thursday and I still haven't been able to get Hercules and Samson to come over and move it into the house! I am anxious to try it, and will have to wait until tomorrow. Arrh!

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: Frustrations with new Epson 7900
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 07:05:00 pm »

...and just wait until you try lifting the printer with finesse, and placing it neatly on the stand delicately and squarely, so two miniscule bolts can be threaded through. 

Wait!  It gets better---try doing it with a 9900.   ;D

Who in the hell designed that printer stand?

Tony Jay

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:58:37 pm »

Luckily, once you are over the heavy lifting (pun intended), the 7900 prints magnificently.
Better check out whether any local surgeons are offering half-price specials for hernia repairs though.

Regards

Tony Jay

PeterAit

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 08:31:47 am »

...and just wait until you try lifting the printer with finesse, and placing it neatly on the stand delicately and squarely, so two miniscule bolts can be threaded through. 

Wait!  It gets better---try doing it with a 9900.   ;D

Who in the hell designed that printer stand?

Things have improved - no bolts, just 2 sturdy pegs on the stand that fit into holes on the printer.

PeterAit

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:33:00 am »

Luckily, once you are over the heavy lifting (pun intended), the 7900 prints magnificently.
Better check out whether any local surgeons are offering half-price specials for hernia repairs though.

Regards

Tony Jay

LOL! That's exactly why I am hiring guys to do it.

framah

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 04:17:18 pm »

Can top you with trying to set up my 11880!!!

I went to the local homeless shelter and managed to get 3 guys and had them wait for the truck to arrive. Of course, the truck was running late and one guy had to head off to his afternoon job so that left one young skinny guy, one older guy and my broken down old friend and broken down old me.
At over 400 lbs for the printer, I was sure I could HEAR the hernias popping!!

We put an 80 lb bag of sand on the stand to keep it from moving while we got the printer on it, then had to nudge it so the 4 screws would seat into place.

Prints nicely, tho it seems to be laying down too much ink. Haven't found where to adjust it yet. Any ideas??
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 04:28:55 pm »

Prints nicely, tho it seems to be laying down too much ink. Haven't found where to adjust it yet. Any ideas??

In the driver, changing the media settings should change the amount of ink laid down.  You can also try adjusting color density under paper configuration....

And of course, some media types/brands can simply handle higher ink loads...
Pages: [1]   Go Up