Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sea shots  (Read 1197 times)

armand

• Photos
Sea shots
« on: July 01, 2012, 01:55:59 pm »

Few shots from last night

amolitor

Re: Sea shots
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 02:11:19 pm »

These are similar enough to some work I've posted recently that I am compelled to say that I love all three of these, without reservation ;)

(Not an accusation of copying, at all, of course, just a nice co-incidence for me!)

The color palette of the last two is lovely, I read them as attractive abstracts that partake of some abstraction of sea-ness and some abstraction of sunset-ness, which is nice. I can't see them on my walls, but that's mostly because I don't use color photographs on my walls at all. They are very much of a type, but good examples of that type, I think.

The flags leaves me a little cooler. It has some strong rule-following in it with the diagonal, and flags are always pretty photogenic, but it doesn't evoke much of anything for me, it just kind of sits there on my screen following rules, if that makes any sense? The bird is a strong element, and it's trying hard to make something more of the image, but it can't quite pull hard enough, for me.

francois

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 05:33:52 am »

I love #2 and #3. They are sufficiently abstract to let the imagination run!

The first image is not bad but quite classical compared to the two others.
Francois

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:28:47 pm »

A couple more classic shots from the same day

JMPhoto

• Kansas City Photography: Weddings, Portraits, & More
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:39:37 am »

I like the first photo a lot but it is just missing one element that would really make it pop

maybe the lighting needs to be adjusted
Pages: [1]   Go Up