Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Curves for Pictorico Film for HPZ3100 or Z3200  (Read 727 times)

deanwork

Need Curves for Pictorico Film for HPZ3100 or Z3200
« on: June 30, 2012, 10:16:02 pm »

I am in need of tonal curves for cyannotpye and platinum printing negs on the ohp pictorico film for my HPZ.

I realize that the system HP has documented on their website is what Angel in Spain developed for the Z3200 when he was still working for HP.
He's no longer there and it will never be developed for the 3100.

Does anyone have any curves that were made for these kind of processes or knows anyone who has been doing this that might have some?

I want to test the results before I get really deep into trying to linearize these kinds of prints using QTR and Color Port etc with my Eye One .

I have a client who needs a few negs for cyannotype soon.

john

John Nollendorfs

Re: Need Curves for Pictorico Film for HPZ3100 or Z3200
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »

Why not just use the Z3200 workflow? I believe that they developed using the green ink to give the negative more opacity.

In any event, if you want to learn the ins and outs of digital negatives, go to Dan Burkholder's site and download his cd for making digital negatives with any inkjet printer. The promotion on his website says if you follow his instructions "creating digital negatives becomes as close to being automated as it gets".
http://www.danburkholder.com/Pages/main_pages/Digital_Neg_Info/Digital_Negatives.html

Dan started this process over 10 years ago, and has conducted many workshops on the subject.

Hope that helps!
Pages: [1]   Go Up