Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blurb Book questions  (Read 2766 times)

free2australian

Blurb Book questions
« on: June 29, 2012, 10:04:37 pm »

I have Lightroom 4.1 and Mac (Lion)

Just completing my Blurb photo book through book smart - However I have come up with 2 obstacles. 

1.  Unable to find the preview mode,   Other people I have spoken to have a preview mode , in my Book Smart edition  there is none ( I have the latest version).  I have searched the net, Blurb Help and forums.

2.  I am wishing to add some text on the the front cover but am unable to find the text box insert on the toolbar or on the grey section on the left hand side of the program.  My thoughts are to cut and paste the information already saved elsewhere on my computer.

thank you

Sue

pflower

Re: Blurb Book questions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 06:41:37 am »

I haven't used Booksmart for quite a while - now prepare in InDesign.  But from memory you can step through your book two pages at a time from within Booksmart but the preview function is properly available on the Blurb website after you have uploaded your book.  So you can check that you have got the pages right from within Booksmart, then you upload and before ordering preview on the website to make sure that Blurb has received it as you intended.

As regards the text box, it may well be that you don't actually have a text box on the cover where you think you do.  You can then edit the layout to include a text box.  Again, from memory, I don't think you specifically have to choose a text box insert tool to insert text - merely need to click inside what Booksmart understands to be a text box on the relevant page/cover.

Good luck

free2australian

Re: Blurb Book questions
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 08:12:33 pm »

thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up