Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Credo 60  (Read 15064 times)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: Leaf Credo 60
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 05:28:08 pm »

Graham,
I'm told they are not. And while the screen and GUI are nicer, I wouldn't want to give up the rotating sensor. Would you?

Eric
Rolleiflex USA

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 08:36:25 pm »

Graham,
I'm told they are not. And while the screen and GUI are nicer, I wouldn't want to give up the rotating sensor. Would you?

Eric

True, that would be hard to give up )

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »

Are these backs available in AFi (Hy6) mount?

Not as of yet and I have no committed evidence of plans for AFi mount. However, there is nothing that can change the mind of a manufacturer like numbers. Maybe that petition from a few years back should resurface? Oh, I forgot, the majority of the petitioners probably were not owners or even would be owners.

Given that the AFi-II units had a rotating internal sensor while the original Aptus units did not, it could be possible that an AFi Credo could have a rotating sensor. However, it is pretty pointless to conject unless enough potential users raised their hands. I am looking for a show of hands....

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 02:40:02 am »

I thought the internal battery would get in the way of a rotating sensor?
Rolleiflex USA

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 09:46:38 am »

I thought the internal battery would get in the way of a rotating sensor?

Forgot about that.

That's what I get for staying up too late writing ....

Yeah, the internal battery is an obstacle, and it would mean a more significant modification to the existing chassis, and for the small market that exists, probably not likely.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

JV

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 10:17:05 am »

Yeah, the internal battery is an obstacle, and it would mean a more significant modification to the existing chassis, and for the small market that exists, probably not likely.

Steve,

The demand for a rotating sensor would not only come from Hy6 users, also from Hasselblad V users, correct?

Thanks, Joris.

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 11:08:14 am »

Steve,

The demand for a rotating sensor would not only come from Hy6 users, also from Hasselblad V users, correct?

Thanks, Joris.

Certainly, although I believe it is a different market. Meaning a different economic market. These days, Hasselblad V users tend to be down market economically from a Hy6/AFi user, in terms of their typical outlay for their equipment. Not absolutely, but on average.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

theguywitha645d

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 01:06:35 pm »

Steve,

Thanks, Joris.

And tech and view camera users.

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 02:45:14 pm »

And tech and view camera users.

Yes, and that could be either Hassy V mount or AFi/Hy6 as all the Tech Camera manufacturers offer adapters for both.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

DeckardTrinity

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 12:28:36 pm »

I stopped by CI back at the end of May and met up with Steve and a representative from Mamiya so I could get my hands on the Leaf Credo 80, and compare it against the Aptus 12. My impressions are that everything about the Credo screams quality, speed, and accuracy. I had the same qualms about whether or not the lack of rotating sensor would be a make it or break it feature, or the tilting screen, but... at the end of the shooting session, I was pretty well convinced that I would not be happy with an Afi-II 12 knowing how much better a shooting experience there is with the Credo.

For starters - the tilting screen on the Afi-II 12 is more necessary than one may realize at first. The LCD display quality drops off dramatically if you are not viewing it straight on, and so being able to tilt the screen to be parallel to your viewing angle is actually pretty important. With the Credo, this simply is not the case. The LCD remains very bright and detailed from much more of an off angle than the previous generation screen, to such a degree that you no longer need a tilting mechanism to overcome the off-angle drop off in quality.

The rotating sensor, to me at least, is overshadowed by the sheer speed of the Credo. Previews pop up within 1 - 2 seconds after taking the shot, and you can buffer a lot more shots than you can with the older Afi. Also, zooming in to 1:1 is very much a night and day experience - much faster, much snappier on the Credo. I can definitely see how being able to rotate the orientation of the sensor, especially on the Hy6 body, can be useful, but it's not a deal breaker to me. I could just snap on a 90 degree prism and rotate the body while holding the grip handheld, or do the same while on a tripod. My preference would be for the much more responsive workflow of the Credo back by comparison.

Now - shooting detail, I have to say, was very hard to see much difference. I can't remember the exact results, but there was some slight difference in comparing the images coming out of both backs, but nothing that couldn't be corrected in C1. Fully corrected, images from both backs appeared stunning (to my eyes anyway, coming from a meager Afi-7).

So... I am pretty well sold on the Credo, to the degree that I would even consider switching systems if it meant that Leaf decide not to ever implement an Hy6 mount. For now I am in a "wait and see" mode, since I do still shoot majority film vs digital with my Hy6, and have already committed to Steve that I'm ready to upgrade from my Afi-7 to a Credo 80 if it becomes available for the Hy6. If there are others who are interested in buying / upgrading into a Credo back in an Hy6 mount, now is the time to make your voice heard!

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 12:27:01 am »

Decard,
What I'd really like is some kind of upgrade to my AFi-ii 12 that included the processing speed of the Credo and some of the features such as focus mask.  I'm not sure I'd want to give up the rotating sensor. The ergonomics are too good now to mess with. No way would I think about changing platforms to get a Credo either.
E
Rolleiflex USA

xinchenc

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 11:13:08 am »

Decard,
What I'd really like is some kind of upgrade to my AFi-ii 12 that included the processing speed of the Credo and some of the features such as focus mask.  I'm not sure I'd want to give up the rotating sensor. The ergonomics are too good now to mess with. No way would I think about changing platforms to get a Credo either.
E

+1

JV

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 08:44:51 pm »

I can definitely see how being able to rotate the orientation of the sensor, especially on the Hy6 body, can be useful, but it's not a deal breaker to me. I could just snap on a 90 degree prism and rotate the body while holding the grip handheld, or do the same while on a tripod.

I would potentially be interested in a Credo 40 in Hy6 mount but it would need to have a rotating sensor.

I just tried what Deckard said above and it felt very awkward...

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 05:51:24 am »

The new platform and chassis would be nice, but the rotating sensor and the tilt back (AFI II-7) are very useful. In shooting copy work, the flip up sensor screen is quite helpful, as sometimes the positions are very awkward. Wouldn't easily give those up.
Geoff
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up