Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 4 printing problems  (Read 5298 times)

Andrew Makiejewski

• Photography by Andrzej Stefan Makiejewski
Lightroom 4 printing problems
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:43:12 pm »

Hello everyone.

As I am trying to streamline my Post Processing workflow and staying inside Lightroom as much as possible, having a problem with printing. My computer setup consists of a computer running Windows 7 Professional 64bit with 24GB of RAM and the display is the NEC PA271W which has been profiled and calibrated with Spectraview II.

When I print from Lightroom, every print has a magenta cast to it that is fairly strong. The images on the screen look correct and printing from Photoshop CS5/CS6 and a couple of other apps print correctly. I have checked that I am not double colour managing and so on.

I installed Window 7 Pro 32 bit cleanly on a laptop and just loaded PS Cs6 and Lightroom 4.1 on it. Once again, the prints from Lightroom have that magenta cast and from CS6 it is fine. Have selected the correct media type and ICC profile for the paper. Can't afford to keep testing with all the paper and ink.

Have even tried printing an image that was just imported into LR with no adjustments to the image.

Oh yes, printing on the Epson Stylus Pro 3880

Hopefully someone has a solution to this issue.

Andrew
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:46:36 pm by Andrew Makiejewski »
Capture the moment.

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Re: Lightroom 4 printing problems
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 07:20:05 pm »

Have you checked the printer??  Try head cleaning to see that makes adifference

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

meyerweb

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 09:30:46 am »

He said it prints fine from Photoshop, so it's not likely the printer.  Hopefully one of the LR gurus will step in.

Rand47

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 10:08:48 am »

Just to rule out the obvious - do you have "no color adjustment" selected in the printer properties?

Oops... Didn't at first see that you've ruled this out already.

FWIW - I'm running an almost identical set up (4880), same W7, same monitor, same calibration, LR4.1 with excellent print matches. 

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 10:15:19 am by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

Nora_nor

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 04:18:03 pm »

I heard of someone with magenta cast from Lightroom a couple of days  ago too! Maybe some update screwed things again?? This time on mac

Peter McLennan

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:58:07 am »

I'm having strong magenta cast. issues, too.  They seem to date from my new LR4 installation.

Two printers - a 4800 and a 9800, both running identical inksets.

Three media, each profiled for both printers.

On two of the profiles on both printers I get a strong magenta cast on all media.  Whether printing from LR or Qimage.

The third profile has no cast on both printers for all media.

All profiles re-installed - no change.

How weird is THAT? ???

Andrew Makiejewski

• Photography by Andrzej Stefan Makiejewski
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 12:17:10 pm »

Well so far, have not been able to find out the cause. Guess I am going to be printing out of PS, can't afford to waste paper and ink.

Funny thing, I helped a friend out with his printing out of lightroom with a colourcast. For him, he was double colour managing. He assumed that because when he turned off colour management in the Epson driver when going through PS that it was off. I showed him that it was on in the Epson driver. I clicked on the Page Setup... button on the left side in the Print Module, then the Properties... in the Print Setup window. Behold, it was set yo Epson standard sRGB. Changed it to none, and he was printing.

He bought me a nice lunch in gratitude.

Now if I could only solve mine problem that easily.

I check colour management settings every time I make a print.

Thanks for your input. Will check in a few months on the net to see if anyone finds a solution to this issue.

Andrew
Capture the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up