Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gods of Color.. Problem with Eizo CG 275 calibration  (Read 6461 times)

woof75

Gods of Color.. Problem with Eizo CG 275 calibration
« on: June 26, 2012, 07:43:56 am »

I got my new CG 275W and I'm having a color problem. I ran the calibration thing which seemed to work fine. Images in capture one look correct (they match the print) but when I convert them to Photoshop the colour is totally different. I have the same photoshop settings on my laptop and don't have this problem. Ideas?

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Re: Gods of Color.. Problem with Eizo CG 275 calibration
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 10:50:50 am »

More information please. Beyond Photoshop what other photo application(s) are you using and how do you have your color preferences set up in Photoshop?

woof75

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:23:20 pm »

Right, so when I drag an image from my laptop screen over to my eizo monitor it's like it's holding on to the color information from the laptop screen so it looks really green. If I then close the image on the eizo screen and then reopen it so it opens on the eizo screen then it looks correct and goes really magenta when I drag it over to the laptop screen!?

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 01:34:22 pm »

Are both displays calibrated and profiled separately? In other words did you use the Eizo's built in color navigator system to profile and calibrate the CG (with  a colorimeter of course) and then use  your laptop's color management system to calibrate and profile it?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:54:09 pm by Ellis Vener »

woof75

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 02:41:04 pm »

the laptop is calibrated by an eye one display 2 and the Eizo CG is calibrated by the built in Eizo calibrater.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 03:21:15 pm »

the laptop is calibrated by an eye one display 2 and the Eizo CG is calibrated by the built in Eizo calibrater.

Well no surprise they don’t match. They have to both be calibrated to produce a visual match with what will likely be differing settings.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

woof75

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 09:14:10 am »

The problem is actually not a color calibration problem. Here's what happens. I open a file on my macbook pro, it looks fine, pretty accurate colour. I drag it across to my Eizo and it's really green. I close it while it is on the eizo monitor and then reopen it and it reopens already on the eizo and the color is perfect. If I then drag it back to the macbook pro it's really magenta on the macbook pro screen. Ideas as to what's going on?

dturina

• Picasa gallery
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:34:55 am »

Looks like the OS bug; the OS doesn't check/change output profile of the dragged object on drop event.
Danijel

woof75

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 09:41:10 am »

Pain, are there any workarounds?

dturina

• Picasa gallery
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 11:35:34 am »

Pain, are there any workarounds?

I'd report it to Apple and wait for them to work something out.
Danijel

vampire

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 06:23:29 pm »

You should try calibrating both with the eye 1 and see what happens. Clearly, what ever profile the images opened under, that stays the same regardless of which monitor it is being veiwed on. I don't know whether that is normal or not.

chrismurphy

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 12:15:48 pm »

This has been a constant problem with laptop video, I don't know if the limitation is the video hardware or the OS, but there are lots of problems (bugs or otherwise) with dual displays, non-mirrored, with laptops.

So I gave up and use the laptop in clamshell mode only, making the external display the only display (and dedicates all video card RAM to that display rather than being split between the two).
Pages: [1]   Go Up