Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture Pilot with iPhone & Leaf  (Read 1702 times)

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
Capture Pilot with iPhone & Leaf
« on: June 24, 2012, 03:08:48 pm »

Hello,  Using my wifi network with the iphone to connect the Capture Pilot app to my Leaf Afi-12 works great! a delight, no problems.  But tomorrow I'll be on location without a wifi network handy. I tried using my iPhone to make a personal hotspot, but then the Capture Pilot app will "not connect to server".

I looked at Phase One site for help and it said to use "internet sharing" option but I could not get this to work. Perhaps I don;t understand, or something has changed?

If anyone out there can tell me how to do it (maybe Yair? are you there?) it would be appreciated.

I posted this also on the C1 forum -

Thanks, Neil

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Capture Pilot with iPhone & Leaf
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 04:21:43 pm »

Hi Neil, if you're going to use a laptop or an iMac then you can use the "create network" function in the WiFi menu and let the iPhone connect to this network

Note that Laptops' networks are not particularly strong and that if the mac goes to sleep or is restarted you'll need to recreate the network

This was with an iMac:

Hope this helps;-)

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:43:26 pm »

Many thanks, Yair!

dizzyg44

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 10:18:16 am »

For others benefit,

click Create Network from the wireless drop down to get the dialog shown to create a wireless access point from your mac.

Pingang

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 12:57:47 pm »

the problems is that it works only with very slow shoot, better for interior/architecture, static product shots, shooting studio fashion is a nightmare, it simply takes too long for the captured images qued up on the iPad, I certainly like the concept and hopefully in near future we can see a digital back or DSLR with native communication to iPad so we can skip the tethering, everything can save to CF cards, we jsut need a nice preview on the iPad to avoid surprise.

Pingang

Hi Neil, if you're going to use a laptop or an iMac then you can use the "create network" function in the WiFi menu and let the iPhone connect to this network

Note that Laptops' networks are not particularly strong and that if the mac goes to sleep or is restarted you'll need to recreate the network

This was with an iMac:

Hope this helps;-)

Yair
Pages: [1]   Go Up