Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tropical Storms Have a Way with the Sky  (Read 1107 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Tropical Storms Have a Way with the Sky
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:55:44 am »

Tropical Storm Debby rolled in last night just as the sun began to set. The previous shot gave me an opportunity to catch some great swirls and a sliver of the quarter moon, but in less than three minutes, that was all lost to powerful bands of rain. This shows the first band coming in, the last vestiges of the sunset and probably the last blue sky I'll see for several days. I just love the colors in this sky.

If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

sailronin

• David Reams Photography
Re: Tropical Storms Have a Way with the Sky
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 04:10:59 pm »

Nice sunset.
Tropical storms are a lot more fun to watch from a distance! Hope you're OK.
Dave
Thank you for looking, comments and critiques are always welcome.
Dave

http://sailronin.smugmug.com

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Re: Tropical Storms Have a Way with the Sky
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 05:13:11 pm »

If it goes by the American Forecast model, it goes east of me, but if it goes by the European Model, it comes in my front door sometime o Wednesday. Oh joy!

Nasty little rainmaker went more to the east, leaving me alone for the most part. Part of me is sad as it would have provided some awesome surf shots, but the part that just spent a s-load of money on a kitchen remodel is so happy it went on an eastward track, leaving me alone with some rain and wind as a reminder.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:26:20 am by chrisc »
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows
Pages: [1]   Go Up