Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profile for Harman Baryta Warmtone for Epson 4900  (Read 1899 times)

johnbirch

• Jeff Hildebrand Photography
Profile for Harman Baryta Warmtone for Epson 4900
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:43:22 am »

I purchased a box of Harman Baryta Warmtone paper.  I went to the Harman website to find a profile for it, but they don't have any profiles for the Epson 4900.

I know for B+W I don't need a profile, as I will use the epson driver, but I do want to try some other colour prints on it also.

Does anyone know where I can get a profile for this paper without having a custom profile done?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Re: Profile for Harman Baryta Warmtone for Epson 4900
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 03:16:18 am »

If it's Harman by Hahnemuehle it's available at http://harman.hahnemuehle.com/site/en/873/icc-profile-auswahl.html

johnbirch

• Jeff Hildebrand Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 09:52:15 am »

Thanks, i didn't know there was a difference between Harman and Harman by Hahnemulle. I was on the Harman website before.

Rand47

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 10:24:26 am »

Off topic a bit. I also bought a small box of Harmon gloss byrta warmtone, and downloaded the appropriate (4880 in my case) profile, and printed a test.  Significant color shifts and duller print than screen (calibrated PA27 w/ excellent print matches with other papers I use).

Has anyone else found the profiles "not so good?"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:07:51 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 04:10:36 pm »

Off topic a bit. I also bought a small box of Harmon gloss byrta warmtone, and downloaded the appropriate (4880 in my case) profile, and printed a test.  Significant color shifts and duller print than screen (calibrated PA27 w/ excellent print matces with other papers I use).

Has anyone else found the profiles "not so good?"

The profile worked fine on a Canon 6300 (also using a PA271 monitor). "Duller" could be anything, but a colour shift suggests that while the profile could be at fault, first checking your printing workflow.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 10:03:05 am »

Harman and Hahnemuhle were working together on a line of papers together.  Hahnemuhle then bought Harman rights to the paper and kept it as Harman by Hahnemuhle.

So, Hahnemuhle is the company that carries all of Harmans papers.
It's like Moab and Museo.  Legion bought the rights to Museo and have had Moab since the beginning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up